New Galaxy S8 Renders Show Off The Phone's Design.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
image_1484167677_73125763.jpg

Last week a few images of the front of the Galaxy S8 leaked onto the web. Many said that those images could have just been a photo shopped Galaxy S7 Edge made to appear as if the bezels were thinner and the home button was gone. Now we have some new renders that have leaked out courtesy of case maker Ghostek. These show the same smaller bezels, the removal of a home button, a power button on the left side of the device, and a single lens camera with no flash. Being that this is a render of a "waterproof" case all of the ports are hidden so we can't see the USB-C port or whether or not the phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

While some case makers do get design details early for the purpose of manufacturing cases ahead of release we can't be certain that these renders are super accurate. Surely we will see more renders and even leaked images as we get closer to the announcement. Are you interested in a phone that looks like the phone in these Ghostek renders?

via MobileFun

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Right off, buttons on the left side are more comfortable for me as a left handed user. I hold the phone in my right and like to wrap my fingers around toward the left side, like this phone has. Unless I'm atypical, the right handed user may find this orientation less comfortable than we lefties do. BTW, I use Swype rather than thumbs and this orientation leaves the left pointer finger free to Swype more naturally like the way I write. Righties, what do you think? Other than that, I can't tell if there's a jack for earphones or what charger you'd use from this view. I prefer to avoid the use of an adapter with my headphones. I tend to leave the adapter around when I use the same pair of earphones with my tablet that has a jack and my z force that needs an adapter and has no port.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'm right handed and hold my phone in my left hand 95% of the time. Volume and on/off don't really affect me at all. On my Note 4, I can reach both sides with ease with thumb or index finger....just saying. It's personal preference.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That makes sense!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DanielDI

Reaction score
I thought they were removing the home button from the front entirely, so this concept doesn't make any sense. Isn't the point of the whole 2017 jump to unleash strong fresh new designs that will make people want to buy the phones in record numbers because the smartphone sales have been lagging.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I thought they were removing the home button from the front entirely, so this concept doesn't make any sense. Isn't the point of the whole 2017 jump to unleash strong fresh new designs that will make people want to buy the phones in record numbers because the smartphone sales have been lagging.

I don't think there is a home button in front. Not in these pics anyway.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk