New Folders Question

ldimick

Reaction score
I understand the concept of Folders and I have even managed to rename them and add apps to them. Is there a way to MOVE the app from the screen and store it only in the folder? Right now I drag and drop it into the folder but the original remains in place.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The original should only stay within the app drawer, which is the huge list of apps that you can pull up from the bottom, I have not seen the original stay on the screen after you've moved it into a folder.

OP
L

ldimick

Reaction score
Your description is what I wish I had said. Would love to be able to remove the icon form the app drawer.

thelion

Reaction score
I do not believe so. Is there a particular reason you want it out of your app drawer?

OP
L

ldimick

Reaction score
Just to make it smaller and more manageable. It would end up containing only my misc apps that I didn't stuff into a folder.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to make it smaller and more manageable. It would end up containing only my misc apps that I didn't stuff into a folder.

The app drawer is there to store a shortcut for all apps. It is not meant for people to remove the icons from here. While you CAN create a shortcut from the screen, it is far less intuitive. This may or may not be one of the things you can do when it's rooted. But I have never had a problem, I understand people that want to keep things organized, but the thing is, the app drawer isn't there for that. It's there for ease of use for most users of the phone. I for one don't want to have to go through the process of create an individual shortcut every time i want to add something to the home screen.

lswingle

Reaction score
Hiding Icons

PandaHome, a theme replacement app, gives you the option to hide any Icon in the App drawer.
I created multiple folders on one of my home pages and anytime I download an app,
I open the appropriate folder and then the app drawer, long press on the new app and drop it in the folder.
Then go in PandaHome and hide the app, so my drawer stays empty. If for some reason you need to get one back, you can unhide it.

OP
L

ldimick

Reaction score
I like that! I'll take a look at PandaHome