New feature ideas?

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
I had a couple of ideas for some additions for liberty, i looked for a thread and there wasn't one so i figured i would start one since i would guess that others have ideas too. Now i don't know if they will even be possible but hey why not make suggestions that would be cool right?

Anyway one thing i was thinking about was on the lock screen to have it display the song name under the buttons?

When i was on rumm rx v 1.0 the transition animations were different and i liked them way better, may have an option in the liberty toolbox to switch to those animations?

Just some thoughts

How about being able to remove the notification bar clock from within the rom or tool box.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

a better download manager in the toolbox would be my biggest request. the current setup results in any interruption of the internet connect or even the screen rotating while the toolbox is open as being enough to cancel the download and cause it to install prematurely. id rather download things directly off the internet than through the toolbox. so fixing this would be something i feel should definitely get done.

Ability to flash the rom from the toolbox ( with wipe and no wipe

A. to make going between themes easier
B. to make it easier for people to get the rom by downloading via toolbox

I would really like to see physical buttons used for song control. Like long press volume rocker buttons to skip forward /backward. It may be a lofty goal with a mild payout but I seem to recall at least one of the d1 roms having such capabilities.

tappin and a talkin

The last release of rubix had a cool feature that was a time saver on reinstalls etc. In terminal emulator he used the script "backup -bk". Doing this created a backup folder on the sd card and all user app .apk files were backed up there. When you reinstalled his rom or updated versions whatever he had a boot script that would check the backup folder and reinstall all apk for you so first boot all market apps were already there. Was awesome to do a fresh install then boot and restore data to user apps with titanium and you were done. Made nandroids almost pointless as fresh install was actually faster.

The last release of rubix had a cool feature that was a time saver on reinstalls etc. In terminal emulator he used the script "backup -bk". Doing this created a backup folder on the sd card and all user app .apk files were backed up there. When you reinstalled his rom or updated versions whatever he had a boot script that would check the backup folder and reinstall all apk for you so first boot all market apps were already there. Was awesome to do a fresh install then boot and restore data to user apps with titanium and you were done. Made nandroids almost pointless as fresh install was actually faster.

Haven't seem this before, but this would be a great idea!

They already have this for liberty under app management in liberty toolbox

They already have this for liberty under app management in liberty toolbox

Didn't realize the backups worked like this. Thought it was all manual, not automatic, like moldymonty mentioned. Wish these ROMs came with owner's manuals sometimes!

Back