New Droid3 User

PhoenixCodes

Reaction score
Hey all, here's my introduction to myself. I realize many people say this, but I am fairly technically savvy; this doesn't mean I'm familiar with what I'm doing in Android, though I'm better than the average noob, I like to think. When it comes to roots and ROMs, however, I'm a complete noob in the truest sense of the word. But, I've gone and rooted my Droid3 (which is on StraightTalk, incidentally) so that I can have a better Android experience. The problem I am having now is finding a decent ROM that has been debloated, and hopefully kept free of battery-draining issues.

I've considered CM, of course... But I don't want to give up the camera functionality. And Maverick is impossible to find a working link for... So, here I am, open to suggestions, so long as they aren't 'get a new phone', since this one IS my new phone. Perhaps one of these days catching up to the technology world will mean more than paying for college (programming major).

Anyhow, PhoenixCodes out. Hit me up wherever you see me, feel free to msg and ask me whatever you feel needs asked or I might be able to answer.

Oh, and I also like to think I am fairly helpful to those in need... Even if I'm not the best person to ask, I can often find an answer or the right person to ask, if I don't happen to have the answers myself.

OP
P

PhoenixCodes

Reaction score
Oh, and as for what draws me to the Droid? For cripes sake, I need a PHYSICAL keyboard. And the Droid 3 certainly has a full 5 row QWERTY keyboard... Number row, spacebar row, and everything. You know how hard it is to find a Android with a good keyboard??? Yeeeah... that's why I'ma Droid user.

The Android OS itself is a no-brainer... The ability to root? The ability to download apps from where you want even when not root? The ability to have the ability to do what you want to do?? Oh yeah, Android is the best OS out there hands down...

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!