New droid x owner looking for universal email

zach_power

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the droid community (recently switched from a palm pre), regardless I love this phone to death. The only concern I am not able to fix via extensive google searching is a universal email client.

Atm I have both gmail and regular email on my home screen as I have a verizon email account as well. This can sometimes be a pain to have to open both apps to keep my emails up to date. I checked out k-9 email in hopes, but alas could not find what I was looking for so I come here for help.

Thanks much in advance

~Zach

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
You can kinda "skirt" this issue...its just a workaround really.

Download and install Launcher Pro Plus(free or paid)...then once you have everything set the way you like, Long Press on a Homescreen and a menu box will appear, select Shortcut...then another menu box will appear....select Activities....when this loads, scroll down until you see Universal Inbox, then select it....a pop-up will show asking you to name the shortcut, do so as you wish...click OK...then it will appear again, just click OK....if done correctly, you should now have a shortcut on your homesreen that will carry you straight to you combined Inbox for all messaging(email and text).

Not the best way, but it will do what you are looking for if I understood you corectly...

** Just to be sure you understand...Launcher Pro Plus is a launcher replacement for the stock launcher that comes on the phone. If you already have your screens set the way you like, you will have to redo the set up in LPP...but you will not lose what you have already done on the stock side. **

OP
Z

zach_power

Reaction score
Sounds like what I might be looking for. The only problem I see is I just recently purchased adw ex and would rather not dl launcher pro and waste that few dollars (im cheap lol). I appreciate your help though.

~Zach

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App