Email App? Looking to receive email notifications pop up hourly?

TheCyclist

Reaction score
I've been looking for an app or something that will pull in my email from my ISP address and university email that will pop up notifications that I can pull down and select.

Anyone have ideas on a app that can do this? or How else can I approach this?

Thanks

University emails are kinda important and been trying to figure this out. I really would like it to check my email every 30 minutes and show a notification of when new mail is in.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Setup account in default email, then in settings set the check frequency... fairly simple task.

justbob

Reaction score
The built-in mail app (not the Gmail app) will do that. You can set it to how often you want it to check and when there is new mail it will play a notification and add an icon to the status bar. Pull down & tap on the icon and it take you straight to your e-mail. It supports POP3 and IMAP.

Silver Member
Reaction score
The built-in mail app (not the Gmail app) will do that. You can set it to how often you want it to check and when there is new mail it will play a notification and add an icon to the status bar. Pull down & tap on the icon and it take you straight to your e-mail. It supports POP3 and IMAP.
the GMAIL app pops up notifications everytime a new message is received. no scheduling required.

justbob

Reaction score
the GMAIL app pops up notifications everytime a new message is received. no scheduling required.

Yes it does, but sometimes its not practical or desirable to check other accounts through Gmail. I use the default e-mail app to check accounts on a private server using IMAP/TLS with SASL and have had no problems with it. Yes, it's missing a few bells & whistles, but at the core it seems pretty sound from what I've experienced so far.

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
Well, this is my problem. I set my check frequency every 15 minutes and have NEVER received a notification. That's why I am posting here. My University email/ISP email will have new emails only show when I click on the Email App then my account it will retrieve messages then show me but I never receive any type of notification.

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
I did many test messages to my email address using the default app and I had it set to check every 5 minutes and I never received a notification =/
Any ideas?

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did many test messages to my email address using the default app and I had it set to check every 5 minutes and I never received a notification =/
Any ideas?
Checke that you've enabled notifications in the settings in the email client and also check to see if any of your older emails still show as unread. An older unread message might be preventing new messages from notifying you.