New Droid X and trouble with Yahoo Mail...HELP PLEASE

spoyld

Reaction score
I need serious help here when the only advice I can get from Verizon is to download a separate app to access my yahoo mail. I want the one that comes already synced to the phone to work properly.

It does NOT alert me when I receive a message even though the notification is turned on, the auto push feature is turned on and it is set up per their instruction.

The problem with using the market app is that when I try to send an email from my yahoo account it doesn't 'sync' and tells me that I have no known contacts, so I want to only use the original application.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Suzanne

turdbogls

Reaction score
you have a few options.
you can forward your yahoo mail to your gmail. this is what i did following these directions...this does it for free
Forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail Free! - Android Forums
if you are ms. moneybags, you can pay $20 month for yahoo plus and do it that way....not worth it IMO but that is your call

this way i get the better Gmail client, all my emails from yahoo and gmail, alerted EVERY time, and full contact integration

IIRC the stock email app and yahoo mail never played nicely together for me. i tried several e-mail apps and the only one that worked for me was maildroid. free in the market, change LED and notification for each account, and integrated with the built in contacts.

also, this is a YAHOO issue since they dont use POP mail for their non PLUS version...it is not an android problem.

OP
S

spoyld

Reaction score
My only question to you would be then...if it's a Yahoo issue and not an Android issue, why does my husband's Droid X work fine with Yahoo???