Yahoo Mail again Help Help

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I have had it with the Yahoo app! Today I get a notification go into the yahoo mail app and get a pop up saying their is a mandotory up date. can't use the app without the up date, but the up date is NOT in the market but is a outside sorce. WTF? scared to download it now the app is useless. Somebody please tell me how to fix it or tell me step be step how to get k9 or another mail clinet to work with Yahoo. I need push notications.

cowens

Reaction score
I got the same thing today! like you, i haven't updated because it does look like it goes through a third party. wish someone could answer this. i even uninstalled/ reinstalled yahoo mail from marketplace and got same response.

OP
J

johnnycool001

Reaction score
Here is what else i know: If you have automatic updates checked it will automaticlly download the update, but it wont install inless you have the third party app thing checked (Droid 1) I used Astro to explore the file. and compared it to the current file. First they are a bunch more files. added a bunch of Samson stuff. the part that scares me is their is a file in it called Hack. and second it wants more promissions, more acess to the phone.

jmhdroid2

Reaction score
Yahoo Mail Solutions

I have the Droid 2 (since September) For my yahoo account, I just went into Settings / Accounts / Add Account, to access my 3 seperate yahoo accounts. It works very well. However, I can't access my calendar this way, but for email, it works great. The other day my email was unaccessible due to "server issues" according to my phone. So as a quick fix, I downloaded the yahoomail application and it works great. Now I have two different sources to access my mail.
Now my only problem figureing out a way to move from yahoo calendar to something universal, on my phone so I can access the calendar at anytime. Any suggestions?