New Droid slave

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Had it for 4 hours and like it very much but....

What is it with no voice dialing with bluetooth? I never even checked on this feature. I just assumed it would be there. Potential deal breaker for me. I can't be fumbling for my phone to dial when I drive.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
I don't use my BT all that much, and hadn't even tried it on the Droid yet. I'm hoping you've just missed something, because BT without voice dialing may as well not be there at all. Now i have to go investigate... dangit!

OP
brucin

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Let me know if you find anything. A third party app would be acceptable.

Trip

Reaction score
If you put the phone in the car dock you can just hit the voice command button and say call whoever and it will work, the voice recognition has been very good for me, you can also say dial and then the number and it will work too.

I agree that not having voice dialing through bluetooth was kind of dumb on a phone like this, but I bet it will be available with an update at some point.

The only way that I have seen to dial through bluetooth is with a hands-free bluetooth kit that stores its own contact information, then the hands-free kit dials through the phone. Doubt that I would go out and buy one just for that, but I have one built into my car, so thats what I use.

Rikpa

Reaction score
Had it for 4 hours and like it very much but....

What is it with no voice dialing with bluetooth? I never even checked on this feature. I just assumed it would be there. Potential deal breaker for me. I can't be fumbling for my phone to dial when I drive.
I too have a real problem with this. While not a deal breaker it is certainly a stupid oversight!!!

Smuuth

Reaction score
Feedback on this issue has been provided to Verizon Wireless.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Feedback on this issue has been provided to Verizon Wireless.

Thank you for that! That is a valuable tool for this site! Nice to have you here

D-

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you become part of the VZW Customer Council?

By invite only and from VZW. He is verified and genuine guys! Please keep his PM box "neat". He can be very helpful to all of us for feedback directly to VZW.