S Voice on S3 does not work with Toyota and Lexus bluetooth handsfree/navigation 6.1

waltp

Reaction score
S Voice on my Galaxy S3 does not work when paired with my Toyota hands free / navigation V 6.1, found on many Toyotas and Lexus for model years 2007-2010. I had no issues with my BlackBerry Storm, but I cannot voice dial and use the car's hands free feature with my new S3. S Voice works fine when bluetooth is disabled or when not paired with the hands free/nav. I have disabled the voice commands in the car, but that didn't work. To make matters worse, Toyota does not allow many nav functions to be performed while the car is moving, including pairing devices. So, I cannot disable the bluetooth, voice dial, then reactivate the blue tooth AND re-pair the S3 unless I stop the car. I am a traveling saleman with over 1000 contacts, living in a state that requires hands free cell phone operation. I would rather be able to use the hands free than voice dial, but manually looking up contacts while driving is dangerous. An easy fix is to use a stand alone headset, but there are many advantages to using the hands free built into the car. I have notified Samsung about the issue, but they cannot promise if or when a fix will be made.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry to hear you are having problems, hopefully you will be able to get a solution in no time.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue but hopefully other Toyota / Lexus owners will offer any workarounds or suggestions as well...