New(?) Droid keyboard shortcuts

kepley

Reaction score
Good evening, DF! I was bored with my Droid, so I started just swiping my finger around on the touch keyboard. Needless to say, it started entering in numbers and other numbers while I was on the letters screen. Just wondering if this was a new thing for Froyo or if it has just been hiding from me. Either way, I see this saving time while texting.

All you have to do is hold down on the touch keyboard (works in both landscape & portrait) and, while keeping you finger pressed down, swipe up. A new group of numbers, punctuation and whatnot will appear. If anyone's confused (no doubt plenty of you are, with the way I explained it) just look at the screenshot! dancedroid

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
O_O you unlocked the secrets of the key board... na its been there since 2.1 congrats on you discovery thought

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
Good evening, DF! I was bored with my Droid, so I started just swiping my finger around on the touch keyboard. Needless to say, it started entering in numbers and other numbers while I was on the letters screen. Just wondering if this was a new thing for Froyo or if it has just been hiding from me. Either way, I see this saving time while texting.

All you have to do is hold down on the touch keyboard (works in both landscape & portrait) and, while keeping you finger pressed down, swipe up. A new group of numbers, punctuation and whatnot will appear. If anyone's confused (no doubt plenty of you are, with the way I explained it) just look at the screenshot! dancedroid

oh man, thanks for the tip. LOL never knew that function... dancedroid awesome haha

arasky

Reaction score
is there anyway to keep the top rows up longer than you holding it? for instance if i want to type a bunch of letters and numbers consecutively, can i have all six rows being shown at the same time without touching the screen?