new droid junky here

stacks04

Reaction score
hey guys the wife surprised me with the droid for valentines day. the store was a first come first serve basis and pretty much ruined the surprise aspect of it for her. they had to call me to make sure i was getting the right one and to confirm the changes on the account as its under my name. plus they did not have them yet, they were heading to the warehouse to pick them up and to come back in a few hours. she told them she would pre pay the whole bill, they said cant do it. so the wife got angry and said okay no deal then i will just call verizon and deal with them directly and have it come in the mail. the retracted quickly as it is a private owned store not a "verizon" chain. they did the deal i went a few hours later picked it up. i cant believe i have not had a smart phone up to this point and just freekin love it:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: oh my name is joe:)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum Joe..

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your wife must really love you. Good choice you made. Was there a reason she didn't deal with a corporate store though? I hope they don't have different rules that might make it more difficult in the unlikely chance you would have to do an exchange. You might also want to add your wife as an "Account Manager" and create a password - so in the future they won't have to call you and ruin any surprises.

Welcome to DF and glad you posted this morning.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. The Droid is the gift that just keeps on giving. Still fascinated with mine and i've had it since late November.

OP
S

stacks04

Reaction score
Your wife must really love you. Good choice you made. Was there a reason she didn't deal with a corporate store though? I hope they don't have different rules that might make it more difficult in the unlikely chance you would have to do an exchange. You might also want to add your wife as an "Account Manager" and create a password - so in the future they won't have to call you and ruin any surprises.

Welcome to DF and glad you posted this morning.
i have dealt with the corporate stores for the last couple phones, but we originally signed with verizon through this store 10-12 years ago. apparently verizon okayed them to go through and allow them to call there previous customers again. they did as my wife was up for an upgrade. they allowed her to use her upgrade and apply it to my line. i was up in a year so now we are both at 2 year contracts, mine with the droid, hers with her old samsung thing.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome stacks04!! Enjoy the wealth of knowledge you'll find within this forum! :)