New droid for me

kprojects

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought the first moto-droid when it first came out.. loved it, but fell into the verizon iphone bandwagon (yup.. fell into it.. not MY fault).

My son is using my old droid and doesn't want to trade me for my iphone - so i'm going to buy a droid on ebay and then sell my iphone there.

Anyway - I've been out of the droid world for a little bit and wondering what's the latest/greatest one now? I don't really want to use someone else's UI (unless there are points to why it's better than the android default)..

Sell me on what you think is the best one out there now for Verizon..

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are no "pure google" devices available on VZW at the moment (minus the Xoom Tab) - and most of the latest and greatest are still yet to come...

Droid X2
Droid3
Moto Targa
Droid Bionic

Just to name a few -

OP
K

kprojects

Reaction score
Cool, thanks! Out of those, which would you say is the best?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway - I've been out of the droid world for a little bit and wondering what's the latest/greatest one now? I don't really want to use someone else's UI (unless there are points to why it's better than the android default)..
All subjective matters. Provide your needs/wants if you want recommendations. Polling others isn't an effective way to decide.

As for the UI, you need to determine your preference.

OP
K

kprojects

Reaction score
All subjective matters. Provide your needs/wants if you want recommendations. Polling others isn't an effective way to decide.

As for the UI, you need to determine your preference.

Hi - thanks..

I'm just simply wondering what the new popular one is.. ie: when the nexus one was coming out, it was supposed to be the best ever.. and if it had the pure-google android UI or not.

tp - thanks for the info - i'll look into those..

Rob

jseah

Reaction score
The new "popular" one would probably be the Motorola Droid X2. Verizon just started selling it today and it is the first Droid with a dual core processor.