New droid eris from asurion won't mount to PC

tautoux

Reaction score
Hello, I recently broke my droid eris and got a new one via my insurance policy. The new phone works fine, other than the fact that it will not mount to my PC. When I plug it into my computer, the charging light comes on, but the drop down notification does not come up that give you the option to "mount as disk drive". I've tried 2 different cables, downloaded drivers, did a battery pull, restarted the computer...nothing has worked. I also tried checking/unchecking the "debugging" thing for the usb. I don't really know what to do, I assume it's a problem with the phone and not the computer, because my old eris mounted without any issues. Please help!! :(

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just noticed my wifes phone wont connect via usb either. Her phones charging port is shot though, it might have something to do with that. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From the home screen, hit menu, settings, connect to PC. Make sure the "Ask me" option is checked. After about 10 minutes and a little jiggling of the usb cable, the PC recognized the phone, and prompted me for a connection type.