how do I view files on my phone

fingaz

Reaction score
how do I view files on my phone, not the files on the memory card, but the phones hard drive? When I plug my phone into my computer with a USB the Connect to PC screen comes up with the option to charge only, sync with HTC Sync or to mount the memory card as a disk drive.

The problem is, is that there is only just an option to mount the memory card. When I select this option, a removable disk appears in My Computer. Again, the only files I see are the files on the memory card and not files on the phone.

I imagine it is possible to view these files, but how am I able to view them? Is there a program out the that lets me see then in Windows Explorer?

I guess I should explain that my phone's screen is busted and I am getting a new phone through insurance. I want to take the programs and files that are on this phone and load what I want on to the new phone I am getting on Monday. I also want to make sure there is no personal information on that phone that I send back.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the Phones not rooted you should be able to do a Hard reset, erasing everything. Not sure how much of the screen you can see.
As for apps you will have to re-download them if you cant see anything in the screen. Sorry. All your paid apps, contacts and calender events are backed up with google. You will still have to re-download all the apps you had but you wont have to pay for the ones you already bought.