New droid 2 user--can't sent text messages

rgpthom

Reaction score
As a brand new droid 2 global user I have made and received phone calls and emails, but I can't send or receive a text message. When I click on my son's cell phone number, click on envelope and create a text message, I get the message "text message not sent." In this case, as opposed to many others, it really hasn't been sent. Help?

And what's a trackback?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if your calls are goin through then your data must be turned on but I would check the network and wireless settings. If everything is on and still not working then you could try a factory reset or if your not rooted you could take it back to vzw and ask a rep and you may get a replacement or the rep may be able to fix it right there in the store. Keep us updated

FC127

Reaction score
Do you have access to wifi? Try sending while on wifi, though it shouldn't make a difference.

Also try reprogramming your phone using *228

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R

rgpthom

Reaction score
Thanks so much, guys. It turns out that although I'd stated that I wanted a "pay by the text message" contract, my contract on my previous phone said "no texting." so when I bought the new phone, it also said "no texting." All fixed now.