A small test for Droid 2 Global users - 3 minutes of your time

aznightshade

Reaction score
Can you please turn off your phone, pull out your Verizon SIM card, turn your phone back on and try sending any text message? The easiest test - send it to yourself.
Are you getting any errors or you can send and receive text messages without any problem?

For some reason, I cannot receive or send any text messages when I pull out Verizon SIM card. I discussed this issue with several Verizon representatives, they all told that my SIM card should not affect my ability to send or receive text messages in USA, but it does. They asked me to factory reset my phone several times, but nothing changed. They ended up insisting I keep my SIM in without finding any explanation to this phenomena.

I just would like to find out if I'm the only one with this problem.

Thank you!

NOTE: I apologize, this test is for Droid 2 Global users located in USA (people who bought their phones from Verizon and still have Verizon SIM card).

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well if I pull out my SoftBank SIM card the phone is just stuck there with no cellular network connectivity. So obviously I cannot send text messages or even place calls… ;]

OP
A

aznightshade

Reaction score
Well if I pull out my SoftBank SIM card the phone is just stuck there with no cellular network connectivity. So obviously I cannot send text messages or even place calls… ;]
I have no idea what SoftBank SIM card is and where it is used :); I was talking about Verizon SIM card. Also, I guess, I should have specified that this is for people who use their Droid 2 Global in USA because if they are abroad, somewhere with GSM Network, of course, this test does not make any sense - they won't even have voice with SIM pulled out.

Verizon Wireless uses CDMA Network in USA which does not require a SIM card as far as I know. Only GSM network requires SIM cards.

Ojelola

Reaction score
Pulling the SIM had no effect on my phone. Of course, the phone is in CDMA mode.