New DOCK! For Incredible as well as most Smartphones!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cuskit is a Supported Vendor with a proven quality product. Mikradle is great.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
unfortunately i have no control over this particular section of the forum. i have, however, reported..... and this trolling will be dealt with shortly. sorry cuskit....i LOVE my MIKRADLE! :D

Corinacakes, Thanks for the support, but I think it's okay - this thread will just take it's natural course. No real need for dealing with it, I'd just as soon move on.

Nice to hear from you again - my activity in other forums here has been lax lately. But I'll get back to being active elsewhere shortly - and assume I'll see your purty presence all over the place! You are a doll as usual! :)

Hook, Thank you also for the endorsement! What a team we have here! :) But as you can see, I'm handling it okay, and it seems it's best to just sit back and watch what unfolds! A lot of understanding members here, I almost feel I should begin asking for addresses to send out comped MIKRADLES! "Almost" is the key word! ;) mikey

davidk60

Reaction score
How do you get them so glossy?> They look great. I tried making my own but it's not nearly as glossy. Also, do you have to have the magnet in the back?

davidk60

Reaction score
This is my humble attempt at making my own, kinda dull huh, but it matches my desk? But can I stain this and get it to get as glossy as yours?

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
How do you get them so glossy?> They look great. I tried making my own but it's not nearly as glossy. Also, do you have to have the magnet in the back?

davidk60,

Thanks for the compliment! Always appreciated!

Actually, the finish is more of a matte sheen - not a high gloss. It's called a "piano finish" and comes from five coats of black with seven more coats of clear catalyzed lacquer, hand rubbed between every other coat. Very tedious, but makes for an awesome finish! :)

Yes - all the Classic MIKRADLES employ the installation of a HD magnet. But not on the back, they are installed in a perfectly sized hole bored into the face of the backrest, just a half a mm below the surface. :) Thanks for your interest. How about pix of what you came up with? Always a pleasure to view a peers work! :) mikey

davidk60

Reaction score
That's a good description, a piano finish. It does look exactly like our piano come to think of it. Nice work.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
This is my humble attempt at making my own, kinda dull huh, but it matches my desk? But can I stain this and get it to get as glossy as yours?

Nice job - is that a business card holder on top of your wooden case? Very innovative! I'm assuming you are using Dockrunner app?

Yes, sure you can stain it and apply several coats of lacquer - if you have the proper facility to do this. At home you would be better off with several coats of hand brushed shellac (best to mix your own flakes), and then to get the ultimate finish hand rub it with pumice and rottenstone after a couple of weeks wait for the shellac to completely cure. Then apply some good coats of a quality butchers wax. Tedious, time consuming but well worth the work! :) mikey

davidk60

Reaction score

Nice job - is that a business card holder on top of your wooden case? Very innovative! I'm assuming you are using Dockrunner app?

Yes, sure you can stain it and apply several coats of lacquer - if you have the proper facility to do this. At home you would be better off with several coats of hand brushed shellac (best to mix your own flakes), and then to get the ultimate finish hand rub it with pumice and rottenstone after a couple of weeks wait for the shellac to completely cure. Then apply some good coats of a quality butchers wax. Tedious, time consuming but well worth the work! :) mikey

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'll probably only apply one coat of high gloss quick dry spray lacquer, since it's just a crude build. I think that's all I'd invest further timewise into this. I only spent around six dollaroos for everything but I can appreciate the time you must invest into yours.

Anyways, thanks again for your suggestions, and I truly hope that your docks sell into the tens of thousands Bro, they truly are beautiful.

Hey look at it this way, your thread has been getting bumped up with these questions from me.... cheers. :)

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Dock for HTC Incredible - the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series!

Those looking to see photos of the new MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series, here ya go (to save searching back through this or other threads)! :) This model will accommodate the HTC Incredible as well as just about every smartphone (including iPhone and iPod Touch) on the market today. And covers are no issue - the open design allows virtually all covers to work - no need to remove them! Your phone will work in either horizontal or vertical positions.

Pricing for Registered Forum Members (must supply user name) is $27.99 (add $3.00 to include a 6' MicroUSB Cable). Send a PayPal payment to my account name: [email protected] Happy to post these photos! :) mikey

MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series (pictured with a Motorola Droid):

EVOLUTIONFace.jpg

EVOLUTIONLeftNaked.jpg
EVOLUTIONRightNaked.jpg
EVOLUTION.jpg
EVOLUTIONLeftPhone.jpg
EVOLUTIONRightPhone.jpg
EVOLUTIONLeftProfile.jpg
EVOLUTIONRightProfile.jpg

Here's a closeup of the removable (to accommodate any MicroUSB Port location) steel rod used to support the phone:
P28238708.jpg