new Dinc user.

Leet

Reaction score
I just bought 2 New Droid incredibles.(one for me and one for my g/f.)
they should be here tomorrow Hopefully.i hate how its cheaper online then instore but you have to wait.(4 days for me because i ordered to late on friday) is there any themes to change the battery meter to % numbers? i havent looked yet but ima search for some themes now. im use to my BB curve 8350i. i hacked and modded that thing to my liking for the past year. switched because my bill will be $20 cheaper and ill have faster interwebs...

on tethering tho(my bb was my source of internet.) i have unlimited everything on 3 lines with verizon. if i use say pda.net or something like that will verizon know if im tethering as its my main internet...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Check the entire Incredible section. You will fin quite a bit of helpful information on rooting, roms, etc.

Mike

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

If you're going to USB tether, look into Easy Tether for the same functions at half the price. :) You can also hack and mod the Inc quite successfully. There's a dedicated subforum to the Inc here and a sister forum HTC Incredible Forum that you might want to check out. :)

Have fun, keep it friendly, and enjoy learning! We have one of the best sites on the internet here.

OP
L

Leet

Reaction score
i am trying not to root this phone atm. its brand new... lol would like to get a few months before i even mess with the roms. cause if i break the phone messing with the roms on the first day i would cry. and then i wouldnt have a new phone they send out a refurb...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take your time. Read the rooting instructions very carefully. What process are you using to root your phone?

OP
L

Leet

Reaction score
no i am not lol i just spent XXXX on 2 phones...(already had a contract just reactivated spare lines...wireless air cards that were disconnected because the speed sucked...) also gonna get 200 off mail in regbate...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i am trying not to root this phone atm.

Let me start by saying Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay. I hope its a long one. :)

With that being said, I say keep your phone stock for at least 3 months. That's what I did with my droid and then it took another few weeks of just reading up on how to root and where to get all the files and different roms. You will appreciate it even more when you root. Once I did root my droid it was like I had breathed new life into it, and that happens every time I upgrade my Rom as well. Back on topic as for tethering I use a WiFi tether app but its only for root users sorry.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.