New cradle for the Rezound

SeanDroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this would fit the OtterBox Defender series case?

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I took a look and wasnt interested. I don't use a case for my Rezound so I have to put a "sleeve" on it every time I want to put it in the cradle? No thanks. More trouble than it's worth.

Won't work with extended battery? Strike two.

lol. silly rabbit. there is an insert that as already on the cradle for non case use. If you take out the insert then it's fits phones with a case. so you get to use the cradle either way.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this would fit the OtterBox Defender series case?

I don't see why not. There seems to be enough extra room for it, but I haven't tested it with the otterbox case, so don't quote me on that.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
CP. Thanks for the warning about the extended battery. I saw that Amazon has them in stock again and was getting ready to order one until I saw your comment on the battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
No problem man. I'd post a video of my review, but I don't have a youtube account nor do I have any of those upload site accounts either.

kimintenn

Reaction score
No problem man. I'd post a video of my review, but I don't have a youtube account nor do I have any of those upload site accounts either.
Do you have to have a youtube account to post a video?

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'll make an account later when I get home and post the video up. But the cradle is good. Seems to charge up at the same rate as the normal plugs.

STINGER

Reaction score
am I nutz or does this thing keep going up in price ????? what was it originally when this thread started anyone remember ???

mjones73

Reaction score

If you have a gmail account, you have a youtube account, google owns youtube...

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Price looks the same to me. worth it in my opinion.

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Anyone get the official HTC Rezound dock? Picked it up for $50 bones at Verizon today (expensive!). Comes with charger and cradle - only charges phone though. Will accept stock phone and HTC extended battery as well. Don't know about cases - since I don't have one on my Rezound - but it looks possible? Most importantly, it triggers the HTC dock mode on the Rezound - which if I'm not mistaken - the one discussed in this thread does not.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Anyone get the official HTC Rezound dock? Picked it up for $50 bones at Verizon today (expensive!). Comes with charger and cradle - only charges phone though. Will accept stock phone and HTC extended battery as well. Don't know about cases - since I don't have one on my Rezound - but it looks possible? Most importantly, it triggers the HTC dock mode on the Rezound - which if I'm not mistaken - the one discussed in this thread does not.

dock mode can be triggered manually. the dock in this thread charges the standard battery alone and the phone with or without a case. me personally I. don't like the 50 dollar option because it's limited to a degree and HTC knows ppl buy cases. why would you not leave that option for folks?

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
dock mode can be triggered manually. the dock in this thread charges the standard battery alone and the phone with or without a case. me personally I. don't like the 50 dollar option because it's limited to a degree and HTC knows ppl buy cases. why would you not leave that option for folks?

Mmm. . . didn't know it could be triggered manually. If I end up getting second battery I may regret this purchase. Although. . . I still have 14 days to return it. I got a discount, so it was $40 bucks . . . but still . . . kinda ouch.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yeah, there is a program called DOCK MODE in the apps. takes a little while longer than simply just inserting it into the dock, but the RND dock has more going for it in my opinion.