New Couple

Kermit

Reaction score
Tennessee but my heart is on the west coast
We are a couple that are 60 been married for 40yrs retired and travel. We have been with Verizon sense the turn of the century. Actually longer :p

Never had a Droid.. Joined this site to learn..:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: Thinking about getting one.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome!

I think it's great to see the different walks of life and ages that Droid attracts!
Please don't be afraid to ask questions should you not be able to find what you're looking for.

Enjoy the forums.

bad4u

Reaction score
Come to the Dark side....:blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid: dancedroid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PDA Net is an app for Android that will allow wi-fi tethering.

Also, the next update for Android, which is coming this summer, offers USB tethering to a PC/laptop. (but I believe comes with a $20 a month price tag)

There isn't much you CAN'T do with Android.

Happy hunting!

OP
Kermit

Kermit

Reaction score
Tennessee but my heart is on the west coast
PDA Net is an app for Android that will allow wi-fi tethering.

Also, the next update for Android, which is coming this summer, offers USB tethering to a PC/laptop. (but I believe comes with a $20 a month price tag)

There isn't much you CAN'T do with Android.

Happy hunting!

Thanks I talked to a Verizon Rep the other day and she said something about a $25 charge to tether.. But she could not help me their computers were updating and I found this site in the mean time and have not called back

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Generally, our members (which does consist of VZW reps current and past) are ahead of the curve with knowledge on these subjects. Best to check here and then ask follow up questions to CS reps at Verizon. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Kermit! I'm in my 60's and like you I am retired. I have had quite a bit of fun with my Droid. The Droid and this site are very addictive. Most days my wife looks at me like I have three heads and says "what are you doing with your phone NOW!!!!"

I hope you decide to get a Droid and that you have as much fun with your Droid as I've had with mine.

Mike