New case out with support for the Extended Battery

Seawolf

Reaction score
Purchased this case last week and so far I really like it. Only drawback is lack of the kickstand the vzw version has, but it does add protection for the top and bottom of your phone. If you carry your phone in your pocket like me this case is great. An added bonus is the case also fits nicely in the car dock and home dock without having to force it in like the Vzw model.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Purchased this case last week and so far I really like it. Only drawback is lack of the kickstand the vzw version has, but it does add protection for the top and bottom of your phone. If you carry your phone in your pocket like me this case is great. An added bonus is the case also fits nicely in the car dock and home dock without having to force it in like the Vzw model.
What phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

jason1332

Reaction score
Got mine today, great value for the money. Does not add a lot of bulk (maybe 3mm) but good protection, especially on the front.

Seawolf

Reaction score
One more thing, I couldn't get it to fit in my docking station.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Remove the sleeve from the docking station. It's clipped in there when it comes out of the box. Same goes for car dock. It has a sleeve that is snapped in that can be removed for the Ext batt.

mlfca

Reaction score
Got the case as well and it is very nice. Works great

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered it. We'll see how it works.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Ordered the case a week ago and still haven't seen it. Any one else have to wait so long?

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
I purchased both the Verizon-offered Droid Extended Battery case with holster and the TPUCases extended battery case. I bought both on Amazon, as Verizon's chosen case can be found (in OEM packaging) at a fraction of the VZW price.

The TPU Bionic case is better than the Extended Battery case IMO, as it provides better coverage of the phone.
The bonus is, it fits the Verizon holster AND it fits in both the Motorola-branded Standard Dock and Car Dock, provided you remove the inserts. I have both docks, and can confirm this.

Links to the items I purchased:

Verizon OEM extended battery case with holster:
Amazon.com: Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 Extended Battery Case Holster Shell Combo with Kickstand: Cell Phones & Accessories

TPU Cases (Diztronic) case:
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible EXTENDED BATTERY TPU Case for Motorola Droid Bionic 4G (Verizon) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Note: The TPU cases case is also available in a smoke (semi-transparent) color rather than standard black, but I wanted a match to the holster, and the black case turns out to be an exact color match.

I hope this helps anyone wishing to find a case solution that does it all, working with the extended battery, fitting Motorola's docks, and having a belt-clip holster option. I also realize the TPU case doesn't have the kickstand, but that feature wasn't one I use.

treecitybusa

Reaction score
Note that despite Seidio saying otherwise, their "naked holster" which holds the Bionic without requiring a case - does indeed work great with the Moto extended battery/cover.

Do you have a picture of the phone/case in holster? Looking for a clip holster that will work with the tpu case. the Verizon holster looks "weak".

tedankel

Reaction score
Using my new TPU extended battery configured case with the holster I originally got with VZN case/holster. TPU case stays more secure than VZN case ever did. Too bad TPU doesn't make a holster too (that I know about).

VZN holster is kaput. Have a leather holster ordered now, will report after it arrives. Man, do I wish TPU made a holster to match their case for this phone.

Okay, got a leather holster advertised to fit Bionic. Has stretchable side panels so phone fits very snugly. Combo of both belt clip and retaining straps for belt to feed through. Wirelessemporium.com carries this:
EXEC Premium Horizontal Leather Carrying Case for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 (LCO-HTC-OHD2-06)

As might be noticed, reference is to HTC phone, Bionic with TPU case is very snug.

Last edited: