New blog

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks.

And I agree about the forum but you can't really "follow" the forum if that makes sense. And no offense to the forums but there is 95% BS and repeatable threads and 5% new information etc.

I'm sort of wading through the bull**** for the "consumer" so to speak.

A lot of that is caused by the immense success and shear size/growth of the site. I try to search and many times comes up with nothing or 15 pages of thread tittles that show no indication of holding the information I'm looking for. Result? New thread and probably a repeat.

As for the BS, no way around that when you get so many people participating.

Good luck on the blog. You definitely won't be bored.

OP
M

Matth3w

Oh I'm not complaining whatsoever about this forum. Clearly you can tell by my postwhoreness that I love it. I'm just saying a blog kinda narrows stuff down for people.

The Shredder

Reaction score
Did you figure out the twitter feed? You have to enter your feed url in when setting up the feed. If I were you I would review apps. I would read that for sure. Give it a lot of structure and give apps a rating of some sort.

The Shredder

Reaction score
I noticed you are posting like a wild man. I would only post once a day. You will get burnt out fast and run out of things to post about. Most good blogs post once a day. Twice max. The best college football blog on web is mgoblog. That place is maybe the best blog around and not just sports. Just best period. I added you to my links on my blog :)

Reaction score
Wow, I really feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread :(

Believe me, you're not...I just found you this afternoon but you're full of helpful information that I've already used. Thanks so much for your help and I'll continue to learn through you.

OP
M

Matth3w

I noticed you are posting like a wild man. I would only post once a day. You will get burnt out fast and run out of things to post about. Most good blogs post once a day. Twice max. The best college football blog on web is mgoblog. That place is maybe the best blog around and not just sports. Just best period. I added you to my links on my blog :)

Thanks. I was posting a lot at first to "catch up" but I will slow down to 2 or 3 here soon. I have a ton of apps to talk about and it also depends how much news comes out that day. I try to post about any relevant news story because it says on sites the best way to improve traffic is to blog about the latest news.

Is it annoying to post a lot or are you just suggesting that so I don't run out of material?

OP
M

Matth3w

Did you figure out the twitter feed? You have to enter your feed url in when setting up the feed. If I were you I would review apps. I would read that for sure. Give it a lot of structure and give apps a rating of some sort.

No, I have the url....but it doesn't update. I tested the feed in the settings and it said valid or whatever and both the twitter and rss are set to active so not sure what the issue is

jbernard703

Reaction score
Updating the posts now that I am home and adding some videos and pictures. Keep me updated with what you guys think.

Anyone have tips for a good way to get traffic?

Just link your post in your sig and then comment in lots of Droid forums, blogs and news sites. Also you may want to look into how google does searches. I don't know exactly but there is a method to naming your stories/posts so that they are more likely to show up in searches.

jbernard703

Reaction score

Thanks. I was posting a lot at first to "catch up" but I will slow down to 2 or 3 here soon. I have a ton of apps to talk about and it also depends how much news comes out that day. I try to post about any relevant news story because it says on sites the best way to improve traffic is to blog about the latest news.

Is it annoying to post a lot or are you just suggesting that so I don't run out of material?

I disagree with the other guy. I think more post>less post. Google Reader tells me my favorite site Lifehacker.com post almost 130 post a week, AndroidCentral 61 posts a week and DroidLife 27 posts a week. Just to give you some perspective.

OP
M

Matth3w

Just curious but is it obvious where to get the google reader link? Someone said they couldn't find it. If anyone wants to swap links pm me...and keep suggestions coming

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just curious but is it obvious where to get the google reader link? Someone said they couldn't find it. If anyone wants to swap links pm me...and keep suggestions coming

sent a PM

Mike

OP
M

Matth3w

I know where google reader is...just wondering if the link on my page will come up in google reader

OP
M

Matth3w

Anyone with some more input? I plan on trying to do some things to increase traffic tomorrow

searayman

Reaction score
Anyone with some more input? I plan on trying to do some things to increase traffic tomorrow

just keep posting, and google with index then if people like what they see they will share it. The best way to grow a blog is just keep posting more and more quality articles.