New BenQ Tablet scheduled for early 2011, AKA CES

J

JohnDroid

bentab.jpg

This year at CES is certainly looking to be one amazing show with new devices coming into the scene and it look as if this new tablet is one of them. The new BenQ R100 tablet is one of the first tablets that are expected to be released early next year, which means a CES presentation is expected. The new tablet is a bit over 10 inches, with HDMI out, 8 GB internal memory, and a 12 hour battery life (if you can believe BenQ).

Many of you readers have exercised your dislike for most new Android tablet being released to the Market these days, so what do you think about this one? I mean the processor is not going to win a speed race anytime soon, but from what I see, it might be competitively priced.
Here are the specs:
  • Dimensions: 15mm thick; 191x244mm.
  • Weight: 720 grams.
  • 10.1" 1024 x 600 resolution LCD display.
  • Samsung ARM-based 833MHz processor.
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity.
  • HDMI output.
  • 8GB internal memory.
  • SD card slot up to 16GB of additional storage.
  • Up to 12 hours battery life (BenQ claim).

How does this new tablet scratch you? Don't forget, you can discuss this at our Android Tablet site at Android Tablet Forum

(Source: Android Central)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not bad, slightly underpowered though even by 'todays' standards with only an ARM8 at under 1G (and single core). Think all things said I'm waiting for Gingerbread release to see for sure what Tablets will be getting the upgrade (if not come with it stock). Should be seeing a flood of tablets within the next two months or so which, if nothing else (ie Gingerbread release) should mean lower prices for higher specs.

OP
G

Grimster

This tablet will be an instant failure. Very slow CPU and low resolution screen. Who in their right mind would buy this when you have countless Tegra 2 based units coming in March for the same price...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea unless the price is alot lower I cant see anyone buying this. Maybe the uninformed will...