New baseband too??

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys yesterday I notice that when i disabled my 3g and enabled WiFi and then Disabling WiFi my 3g never came back even after waiting it out for about 10 mins (weird).

Then I enabled WiFi again and then disable it and then it came up right away. Just kind of made me think uhmmmmm is this BaseBand really better??

So far it has NOT repeated itself, but what experience everyone has gotten with this? I haven't notice any performance or De-performance. Seems more or less the same can't tell the difference, then again I've only tried it at home and one other town so far.

etx_droid

Reaction score
Hey guys yesterday I notice that when i disabled my 3g and enabled WiFi and then Disabling WiFi my 3g never came back even after waiting it out for about 10 mins (weird).

Then I enabled WiFi again and then disable it and then it came up right away. Just kind of made me think uhmmmmm is this BaseBand really better??

So far it has NOT repeated itself, but what experience everyone has gotten with this? I haven't notice any performance or De-performance. Seems more or less the same can't tell the difference, then again I've only tried it at home and one other town so far.

Well, in my one day of having the new baseband, it does seem a little better to me. I live way out in the country and was able to make a call from inside my house...which is very rare. I've always had perfect signal outside my house. Speed from inside my house was respectable:

341 down
827 up

So I'd say so far so good!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
At my job I had to go right by the window in the hallway on my floor and find a spot for 3G. With this, I can be a few feet from the window, standing a lil toward the middle of the building and get 3G.

It stills stays at 1x at my desk, but now 3G at least tries to work there. (I always could use 1x before this update) I get spot signals just walking thru the halls. Normally, once I came thru the front doors and past the elevators, that was it til I got near a window.

Download tests with the speedtest app went up some, but upload tests went up alot. And on the speedtest app, there were new servers added. Dont really know what that means.

Even with those lil improvements, the verdicts is still out. But I'm happy with it.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
At my job I had to go right by the window in the hallway on my floor and find a spot for 3G. With this, I can be a few feet from the window, standing a lil toward the middle of the building and get 3G.

It stills stays at 1x at my desk, but now 3G at least tries to work there. (I always could use 1x before this update) I get spot signals just walking thru the halls. Normally, once I came thru the front doors and past the elevators, that was it til I got near a window.

Download tests with the speedtest app went up some, but upload tests went up alot. And on the speedtest app, there were new servers added. Dont really know what that means.

Even with those lil improvements, the verdicts is still out. But I'm happy with it.

Awesome, thanks for the feed back, makes me feel better. I didn't do any real tests to compare the two like you did so that's good to hear. I guess because in my house and where I live I always had good coverage so it is hard for me to notice.

Finnstang

Reaction score
Running 2.1...updated to new baseband and activated without any problems.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
2 things:

I just checked my saved results....I had it backwards lol My download speeds went way up, my uploads speeds went up some. Maybe it was from using a newer test server, I dont know.

And there is a newer baseband out at mydroidworld.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know this doesnt make sense but my 3g signal dropped off considerably with the new baseband. Not sure why that would happen though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Try updating ur PRL...dial *228
When you updated the new baseband, you by default loaded the new PRL.

There are a lot of misconceptions about the PRL. They only get updated every so often, the odds of a tower being updated in your area even when a new PRL is released is not very likely. You could pick up a roaming partner, again what are the odds, unless you're in a recently converted Alltel tower to VZW.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

this is newer than the one released yesterday?? anyone confirm that this works..where do these new radio files come from

it works, installed this about an hour ago, looks like i'm getting better signal here in my office.

Works for me too, and definately a better signal quality

peterjariel

Reaction score

blamejake

Reaction score
This new radio seems better. Everything appears to be working very well!dancedroid