New ATT commercial mocks the MOTO DROID

sin vicious

Reaction score
I dont get these commercials... now they claim that you cant talk and surf at the same time.. but you clearly can! They said you could get email and talk at the same time.. and you clearly can.. So what gives, is Verizon going to court again over this?

update here is commercial:

[video=youtube;IioSntkD8lE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IioSntkD8lE[/video]

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No the reason you can get email and talk is because it has already been downloaded to the phone. That's why you can view it while still on the phone. The thing is that if your using WiFi, you can still talk and surf at the same time. But already stated that most of AT&T can't do it either because they have such crappy 3g coverage. And for AT&T customers to be able to do it, they have to be on 3g.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Then you are on Wifi. It's been discussed to death. Please believe me. There's an element of truth to the AT&T commercials.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Yet another lame commercial... <meh> I've NEVER had the need to surf / download while talking to one of my friends / family / business contacts. Never. This is not a selling point--in the least.

- Mega

Dragoro

Reaction score
Yeah I thought that was a pretty dumb commercial myself. Even when I had an iphone i never ran into a need to use the net and call at the same time.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There pretty much touting the ONLY thing they can over verizon and the droid. That's why they haven't had any other commercials other then we have service here. Well noone said you didn't have service there, just that you didn't have 3G service there, which is also a location you can't talk and surf lol.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
There have been a few times that I wish I could have surfed while on the phone. When using bluetooth I could look up information for someone that I was talking to. Rare occasion but I have had the need. However it is not worth the crappy coverage that you get from AT&T to be able to do that. JMO

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
It's cold up here right now (WA State), and as me and a co-worker were headed out to lunch I said, "I wonder how cold it is outside--hang on--let me check."

No sooner than I said that my friend whipped-out his iDrone and started looking up the weather. As we both headed into the elevator he dropped / lost connection. Needless to say, I laughed and laughed hard. I didn't have to say a word because he KNOWS AT&T's coverage sucks--even in a "hi-tech" area where we live and work.

I told him how cold it was and he was able to confirm once he regained a signal (when we departed from the elevator).

- Mega

Terra

Reaction score
That's all they got? Kind of ironic when you think about it. There claims of superior network due to being able to talk and surf the web at the same time is the reason why GSM voice coverage is inferior to VZW voice coverage. CDMA seperates the two functions and can handle loads more calls per tower. Moreover CDMA is has the largest calling area in the US due to it being invented by Qualcomm an American based company. While the framework for CDMA all ready exsisted, GSM carriers, such as Tmobile or ATT had to build their GSM base stations from the ground up. In fact, Sprint and VZW will be rolling out "4G" soon, and VZW LTE system will be able to support 1080 HD streams among other high band with apps. GSM infrastructures are approx 1 1/2 behind at minimum.

However, worldwide GSM is the standard; therefore, better for people who travel often. The primary reason, from what I have been told, from years of working in the telecom industry is that international carriers went with GSM to avoid paying royalties to Qualcomm for using their technology. CDMA is the more efficient of both technologies as it can handle > than 70 calls per channel per tower opposed to around 45 for GSM. Moreover, in the states CDMA has the largest coverage area and more advanced data network and is the best choice. For those who rely on non biased opinions Consumer Reports has rated VZW the number 1 carrier in the US for more than 3 yrs.

In short, although I do like the Iphone, my personal preference is the Android OS. I will not by another phone with a different type of OS, at least until something better comes out, which I doubt will happen. I trust google, and they have the resources to grow this OS like no other company can. ATT can suck it.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
That's all they got? Kind of ironic when you think about it. There claims of superior network due to being able to talk and surf the web at the same time is the reason why GSM voice coverage is inferior to VZW voice coverage. CDMA seperates the two functions and can handle loads more calls per tower. Moreover CDMA is has the largest calling area in the US due to it being invented by Qualcomm an American based company. While the framework for CDMA all ready exsisted, GSM carriers, such as Tmobile or ATT had to build their GSM base stations from the ground up. In fact, Sprint and VZW will be rolling out "4G" soon, and VZW LTE system will be able to support 1080 HD streams among other high band with apps. GSM infrastructures are approx 1 1/2 behind at minimum.

However, worldwide GSM is the standard; therefore, better for people who travel often. The primary reason, from what I have been told, from years of working in the telecom industry is that international carriers went with GSM to avoid paying royalties to Qualcomm for using their technology. CDMA is the more efficient of both technologies as it can handle > than 70 calls per channel per tower opposed to around 45 for GSM. Moreover, in the states CDMA has the largest coverage area and more advanced data network and is the best choice. For those who rely on non biased opinions Consumer Reports has rated VZW the number 1 carrier in the US for more than 3 yrs.

In short, although I do like the Iphone, my personal preference is the Android OS. I will not by another phone with a different type of OS, at least until something better comes out, which I doubt will happen. I trust google, and they have the resources to grow this OS like no other company can. ATT can suck it.

Nice post!

- Mega (former Qualcomm & AirTouch & current Verizon customer)

metalmenance

Reaction score
Bottom line iphone'ies forget is its not there iphone but the network that allows the surf/talk thing. as stated here by others, i might find that useful once but in no way a reason for me to put up with crappy coverage. I will take 3g speeds here in tenn, where ever i am over that crap anyday. Superior service over a feature wins in my book anyday! was in sturgis sd and my buddy had to put his iphone in his truck the whole week and borrow mine to make a simple call.....
Plus put the droid on att and it will spank the daylight out of iphone
now yes the iphone does alot "now" but it took 3yrs to get where it is if you consider out of the gate.day 1 of sale performance the droid is so superior in everyway,,,,,
just imagine the droid with 3 years of "fixing" and see what you have then!
LOL anyway thats just my 2cents

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Haha I think it's great that the only thing they can find better on other phones is something that 99% of people will never even think about using 99% of the time they're on their phone (make sense?). Looks like we got a winner!

doc69

Reaction score
Lame!!!!

All these att commercials that are coming out are lame as hell. At least make them enjoyable to watch. I dont care who the commercial is from, if it's good it's good. The droid commercials are good hands down.

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
Then you are on Wifi. It's been discussed to death. Please believe me. There's an element of truth to the AT&T commercials.

Ok please listen.. Im not on wifi.. i put the call on speaker and i talk while i surf.. can someone please try this.. im not insane.