ATT strikes the droid back

natty_lite

Reaction score
ROFL, one the way home today my local Verizon had a new message on their letter-board. It read:
"With Verizon you can use your internet where and when you need to"
This is particularly funny in this case because in that whole area around the store AT&T has NO data coverage and only spotty voice coverage (at best). LOL, this is a main area of town so it was common for me to be in the area and have my WM phone prompt that "cannot send/receive email, no data connection."

Though in all fairness just a few minutes earlier I had a dropped call. But it was in an area that my old AT&T phone dropped too, so...

:bling:

I know when I had att (iphone) i called and ask them about the towers. And there was an area that there was no 3g coverage. So i called them on it and they said it was strong 3g coverage there. Well I ask them to open a ticket because the tower must be out. They said call back in 3 weeks to check the status on it.
3 weeks later I called they said oh we haven't got around to sending a guy out there but we can open you up a ticket registering your complaints. I respond that I made a ticket 3 weeks before. The rep said it wasnt there but she is making a new one and to call back in 3 weeks
3 more weeks later I called and they said that they see the ticket and that nothing was wrong with the tower. I ask oh you sent some one out, they responded that no we kno nothing is wrong with the tower. I call them on that per the contract if I am not getting 3g in my area that I should not have to pay for that month of 3g service (thats what the att rep told me previous)......right after that the guy goes yeah we sent some one out a couple of days ago and he checked the towers and it is pushing out strong 3g coverage so the problem is with your phone.
They're most likely using coverage maps, which are misleading. I'm in an area that shows a strong Sprint signal, but I can confirm that it most certainly is not. Unfortunately, outside of the rep actually coming to the area you're complaining about, there is pretty much no way to prove that service is in fact as bad as you say it is.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
only thing more cheesy right now then luke wilson is the LT electric glide video..........
"LT style electric glide"
:icon_ banana:

bd1212

Reaction score
also.. here is the youtube link to the commercial that i was talking about.. i also put it on the first post as an edit... anyone know how to put embedded video on a comment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxCcJhpyOts&feature=PlayList&p=07FD0129B12E5B97&index=5

Fail commercial. I can search the web and talk at the same time on Droid. It's very simple. All you do is start a call, put it on speaker phone and then press the little "home" button during the call and click the "Browser" icon and boom you're on a call while also on the web... stupid fail ATT commercial.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
also.. here is the youtube link to the commercial that i was talking about.. i also put it on the first post as an edit... anyone know how to put embedded video on a comment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxCcJhpyOts&feature=PlayList&p=07FD0129B12E5B97&index=5

Fail commercial. I can search the web and talk at the same time on Droid. It's very simple. All you do is start a call, put it on speaker phone and then press the little "home" button during the call and click the "Browser" icon and boom you're on a call while also on the web... stupid fail ATT commercial.

Are you on wifi, because it works if you are on wifi but not 3g

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Unless you are on wifi you cannot do this on CDMA.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless you are on wifi you cannot do this on CDMA.

And you can ONLY do it from within the very small 3G areas on AT&T (so another fail for AT&T add company).

ROFL!!!!

Attachments

• droids%20angry%20eye%202.png
    droids%20angry%20eye%202.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 135
OP
bobmundo123

bobmundo123

Reaction score
A

Are you on wifi, because it works if you are on wifi but not 3g

Is that true? I find that hard to believe. I mean really. I'll check that out next time I'm on the line with someone else.. hmmm.. interesting... also yea.. someone made a comment about the superball commercials. Yea... dittoo.. can't wait to see how that plays out.. also gotta mention the fact that I love my droid.. I probably have mentioned this but.. I love this thing. I can't wait for 2.1 to get pushed out.. haha.. and also I mean.. all the computers on my house have been dead.. so I've been using my phone for all my online uses. Its kida great.. facebook could use some work though in my opinion.. =/ otherwise, its great. This message I'm typing.. via droid.. all the messages and threads started on this forum by yours truley... via driod.. haha.. I love this thingggg...

Also going to throw out this too. One thing I will say about the droid phones that have seemed to be a prominent problem, is the headphone jack. Its a very sensitive area. I'm on my second phone hoping that maybe it was jus because of the unit itself, but apparently all droids have this problem. For example listening to music on headphones with droid.. you put it in your pocket.. and maybe you go to take it out, and the music player stops or quites out due to a contact issue.. guys at mototrolla.. start fixing this and recall units... hahaha.. if ur costumers are like me and are experiencingt the same problem.. ur gunna have a lot of dissapointed customers.... also.

I'm anticipating a google nexus one commercial during the super bowl. Google would do that, and probably will.. can't wait to see how that'd come out to look like

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not really a problem... a plus for me; i listen to pandora and bought the 3.5 audio/ audio jack from best buy, and i plug it from droid to car. Well when i unplug the droid or i get a call on bluetooth it stops (pause the song right there) then when I hook it back up to my car or boombox it continues the song. It can be annoying if you run with it so getting a head set with some extra slack helps cure that.