New Apple Patent is Proof Positive that the USPTO Does Not Know What They Are Doing

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
Wasn't Steve Jobs quoted to have said that he was willing to to thermonuclear to defeat Android? Maybe this is that plan.

drhrr

Reaction score
Thing is that this plan goes far beyond of only comprising Android, it can also count towards apps as mentioned in the OP, websites, different layouts for even Netflix and menus of the sort. In fact, Im pretty sure it touches MS in someway, and there, it would be like scratching the tiger directly in their privates...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Couldn't this patent be defanged like Motorola's long standing original patent on the basic principles of a cellphone? A patent so broad that you have to let others use it (at a very reasonable price) for a fair market. Just sayin'.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm still vexed at how a patent this far reaching doesn't in some way violate the anti-trust laws of allowing competition and preventing a monopoly. Antitrust Laws

A.Brooks

Reaction score
no matter what the landscape is if and when Apple uses this, I will never own an Apple product. I will steer any person I know from Apple.

Aren't you already doing this, for their own good. I mean anyone I actually like or consider a friend...heck...even an acquaintance I steer away from Apple.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The ridiculousness of this makes me lost for words...

Apple is being ridiculous for filing a patent every other day and the patent office is beyond ridiculous for allowing them to do it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I still say we should patent screens and interfaces.... eh... I'm not going into the long speech... total garbage

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to remember just because the patent office gives them a patent it by no means is a court proven patent, which means that for them to use this patent against others the courts would have to rule that this is even a worthy patent. As we've seen time and time again Windows v Lindows... when microsoft tried to sue lindows for their name, the courts said no way because windows is too common of a name. The same thing could happen here and most likely would.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Aren't you already doing this, for their own good. I mean anyone I actually like or consider a friend...heck...even an acquaintance I steer away from Apple.

Same here, but usually they only listen after a severe ass beating.....

Can anyone recommend some good sources that will assist in the 'turning of the masses'?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to remember just because the patent office gives them a patent it by no means is a court proven patent, which means that for them to use this patent against others the courts would have to rule that this is even a worthy patent. As we've seen time and time again Windows v Lindows... when microsoft tried to sue lindows for their name, the courts said no way because windows is too common of a name. The same thing could happen here and most likely would.

Everything that you've said is true. The only issue is that we have judges allowing injunctions to be put in place until the validity of the patent can be determined one way or the other and whether other companies are actually in violation of them. It's quite strange with the way that Microsoft was done over years ago that Apple has received so much support in this patent mongering from Federal courts.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is utterly ridiculous, one way or another Apple is going to dig their own grave. They will either get big Microsoft coming after them (Windows phone and now Windows 8 all use multi-touch) or they will catch an antitrust lawsuit from the US government

Hodor

Reaction score
Dear Paul McCartney,

Please please us by reopening your lawsuit with the conniving company known as Apple for stealing their company name from you and the other Beatles and insist they change it to something else immediately! Assle comes to mind, but you may find that distasteful as it's spelling is still too close to the fine name of your record company.
Sincerely,

a long time fan

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Dear Paul McCartney,

Please please us by reopening your lawsuit with the conniving company known as Apple for stealing their company name from you and the other Beatles and insist they change it to something else immediately! Assle comes to mind, but you may find that distasteful as it's spelling is still too close to the fine name of your record company.
Sincerely,

a long time fan

+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thorz

Reaction score
You're going to see a LOT of stupid patents in the coming months as the USPTO is changing from a "first to invent" system to a "first to file". Many companies are scrambling to get as many patents as they can under the current laws.