New Apex GB coming!

Slow88lx

Reaction score
The blue bar and blue gingerbread theme has grown on me.......eh....any chance we can keep that? Or at least use the blue bar?

Also, can we restore data from the original rooted TBH leak? For that matter, can we flash from it?

Last edited:

tb110895

Reaction score
The blue bar and blue gingerbread theme has grown on me.......eh....any chance we can keep that? Or at least use the blue bar?

Also, can we restore data from the original rooted TBH leak? For that matter, can we flash from it?

If you use titanium backup then yes you will be able to restore data. When you install the new ROM, download it from the market and restore your backups. Yes, he said on twitter you can flash from it

mdlissner

Reaction score
I would hope if we were going from GB from TBH we would be able to do a ROM Manager backup and then later from recovery do an advanced restore and only restore data after loading ApexGB.

mcp770

Reaction score
I would hope if we were going from GB from TBH we would be able to do a ROM Manager backup and then later from recovery do an advanced restore and only restore data after loading ApexGB.

+1, I'm on Liberty GB v.1 and really want to try apex and hoping I can do advanced restore data as well. Really makes changing roms a snap. Also can we switch to apex GB from liberty gb or do we need to be on stock GB?

Last edited:

djstnick

Reaction score

+1, I'm on Liberty GB v.1 and really want to try apex and hoping I can do advanced restore data as well. Really makes changing roms a snap. Also can we switch to apex GB from liberty gb or do we need to be on stock GB?

According to Fab's Alpha Test guide, and I quote: "Be on the GB Leak (Shouldn't matter which one, but this ROM is based on .588) -- If on another GB rom, you're good to go.

Hope that helps :)

dsManning

Reaction score
I am also on LibertyGB right now. Really eager to try this out. I know this rom is being made as aosp as possible, but I am really hoping to see the option for the Blur app drawer. It is the one feature I am really missing from stock .588 while running LibertyGB (although I believe it is planned on being an option in later releases).

Keep up the great work, to all in the scene.

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Looks like three-four big roms going for GB from the finest of froyo roms.. Rockin' Liberty GB (not finished but running) but certainly considering some ApeX.

I'll be happy when the sure-enough finished goods are debugged and rolling. It's fun in the meantime seeing the development. Interesting, you knew when a froyo rom was out when it was out and there ya go. GB development seems to be more transparant and open with "beta's" and testing bugs, etc, with twitter updates and toolbox nightlies. Or maybe I'm just paying more attention now. :)

Last edited:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Looks like three-four big roms going for GB from the finest of froyo roms.. Rockin' Liberty GB (not finished but running) but certainly considering some ApeX.

I'll be happy when the sure-enough finished goods are debugged and rolling. It's fun in the meantime seeing the development. Interesting, you knew when a froyo rom was out when it was out and there ya go. GB development seems to be more transparant and open with "beta's" and testing bugs, etc, with twitter updates and toolbox nightlies. Or maybe I'm just paying more attention now. :)

+1 on all points. I just hope that either the official ota will be really similar and a quick conversion from all these roms, or that gb never hits ota so this will be our official to keep building on.
Edit: I changed my mind. I'd like official gb ota to hit in hopes that ice cream isn't too far behind LOL

Either way I don't care because my X has gotten a new life with gb and the latest set of alpha/betas. I thought froyo was running fast, now with gb, I can barely keep up with it :).

Last edited:

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Rockin' ApeX GB Alpha 2 or whatever it's called proper.. Love it. IMHO more "finished" than the current Liberty GB, granted a grain of salt both are works IN PROGRESS.