NEVER recieved any updates, ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenning1284

Reaction score
i first got my droid on 12-31-09 when i got the droid it was running the stock software at the time which i think was 1.5 or 2.0 and did not contain the new update 2.0.1 which i learned from reading online was released earlier in december prior to me buying the phone, when i learned there was a new software out ( 2.0.1 ) and i was still running the old stuff i called up verizon, and ask what the deal was, they basically told me there was no way they could push it to my phone. so i was forced to manually update 2.0.1 my self, and waste 10 minutes of my life big deal. now FINALLY moto and vzw rollout with the 2.1 OTA update, and guess who never recieved it yet, me. i have called verizon a million times asking why i am not recieving the OTA updates and they have no answer for me, so i put what i thought was the actual 2.1 update on the phone i found via the internet and its not the full version, it doesnt have the "3d" menu part or the different home screens but does have the live wallpapers, pinch to zoom, the gallery is different, also able to swipe left to right when looking through pics, currently the info on my phone reads Build number ESE81 , baseband version C_01.3E.03P , fireware 2.1-update 1 and Kernal version 2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788 android-build@apa26#1.....ive done all the stupid stuff since ive bought the phone, ive checked for system updates a milllion times, it always said it was up to date, even prior to me installing 2.0.1 manually, and talking to verizon is a complete waste of my time because all they make me want to do is put my fist throught he wall. what im asking is does anyone ACTUALLY HAVE the REAL FULL TRUE version of 2.1 with all the bells and whistles, not missing software, and does anyone else have this problem? and if you did manually update to 2.1 your self, could you please check your about phone and see if those above listed numbers and builds match yours? thanks i hope someone here can help i dont know what else to do, its just so annoying! and i know that ese81 is the ota version of what vzw is pushing, but OBVIOUSLY something isnt right with the one i have. please someone give me some adivce and help, thanks alot in advance feel free to PM if need be

KevinJ

Reaction score

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Yep, according to what your phone says you have the correct update. You are not missing anything from the stock 2.1 software.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Status
Not open for further replies.