Question about OTA updates and unrooting.

catfud

Reaction score
Last night, I unrooted my Droid because I want to get teh OTA froyo update and when I unrooted, I went all the way back to 2.0.1. My question is, will I get the 2.1 update OTA or do I have to update it manually somehow? Also, does it even matter? Will I just get upgraded up to froyo when that update is released from 2.0.1?

Thanks for the help!

xpezdj

Reaction score
It should happen automatically I just unrooted last night and mine just started downloading on its own. You can check it by going to settings > about phone> system updates

eliassami5

Reaction score
it will happen automatically if you are completely unrooted, but you should be on 2.1 before you go to 2.2. Go to settings> phone info> check for updates and it should prompt you to update to 2.1

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
agree with all the posts.

your problem should be fixed then.

OP
C

catfud

Reaction score
I have gone to system update quite a few times since I unrooted last night and it keeps telling me that my system is up to date. Maybe I didnt unroot correctly?

I will look into it and see if maybe I did it wrong.

Thanks for the info.

Floridroid

Reaction score
My question is why unroot if you already running froyo? will it be better/ more advantages?

OP
C

catfud

Reaction score
i just prefer to use the actual OTA release. While I loved Froyo, I dont plan on ever doing anything like overclocking or changing the theme, so I would prefer to have the Verizon given 2.2.

Floridroid

Reaction score
i just prefer to use the actual OTA release. While I loved Froyo, I dont plan on ever doing anything like overclocking or changing the theme, so I would prefer to have the Verizon given 2.2.

I got you. cause I change ROMS and themes on a weekly basis just for the heck of it.

iPirate

Reaction score
I saw on androidandme apparently it is rolling out, why no thread or update.zip?