Never again!!!!!

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
I will never buy or upgrade to a motorola phone again. The bad thing is this is my first ever droid and its also my first motorola phone. But i am on my 5th replacement phone and things are not looking good. the camera this one doesn't work. Plus the e-mail system sucks.

What should i get next? i don't have any need for a thunderbolt because i don't have 4g (2012 or 2013).

pool_shark

Reaction score
What sort of problems were you having on the other ones you had?

This is my 2nd Android phone, 1st the Droid 2 now the Droid X. I haven't had any problems with either.

zero7404

Reaction score
the hardware i think is good, except for bluetooth, because compatibility with the bt standard was not guaranteed as i experienced issues with a blueant headset i had. this was with a D1 ... i could not verify if it was the phone or the headset, because i'd have to dig into technical details i didn't have access to.

verizon is probably where you should be directing your frustration. i say this because someone i know recently got a 'new' droid 2 and i found out this 'new' device came preloaded with advanced task killer. not aware of any new phones being pushed by manufacturers/carriers with this app installed. so i assume the device was a return from previous purchase, then sold as new .....

you'd have to get into some forensics to figure out if the new device you're being sold is actually new to begin with. but if you're getting replacements after the initial 14 days of ownership, they are likely refurbs. in which case who knows if they went thru quality control prior to getting to you.

OP
Droid4Life86

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
1st phone - Just completely died ( not rooted all stock)

2- Screen went out ( stock)

3- Usb port went out ( with root & stock )

4 - random reboots and it would freeze a lot ( with root & stock )

5- Now my camera doesn't work ( rooted )

So i'm not to happy right now. But there is nothing i can do. Local verizon store just says i'm sorry this keeps happening but we will get you a "like new" one. I'm just sick up it. Do i get mad at verizon or motorola for this? But motorola will never see another dime from me or my family

scoder

Reaction score
the hardware i think is good, except for bluetooth, because compatibility with the bt standard was not guaranteed as i experienced issues with a blueant headset i had. this was with a D1 ... i could not verify if it was the phone or the headset, because i'd have to dig into technical details i didn't have access to.

verizon is probably where you should be directing your frustration. i say this because someone i know recently got a 'new' droid 2 and i found out this 'new' device came preloaded with advanced task killer. not aware of any new phones being pushed by manufacturers/carriers with this app installed. so i assume the device was a return from previous purchase, then sold as new .....

you'd have to get into some forensics to figure out if the new device you're being sold is actually new to begin with. but if you're getting replacements after the initial 14 days of ownership, they are likely refurbs. in which case who knows if they went thru quality control prior to getting to you.

There is no way in a corporate Verizon store for them to repackage a returned phone and sell it as new. The ESN will not activate if it has been returned, nor will the sale even go through.
At authorized resellers, anything goes. I've seen many returned phones become "new" phones (although the rep was always smart enough to do a factory reset first lol). Your friend is pointing his finger at the wrong company, and should probably be directed towards a corporate store before he gets ripped off again.
As for Certified Like-New Replacements, I've only ever seen 2 or 3 come to the customer in a non-working condition (although I agree this is still too many).

Source: I've worked for Flextronics (all technicians in corporate Verizon stores), Verizon Wireless as a customer service rep, and Wireless World, an authorized Verizon Wireless reseller, as a sales rep.

Khiraji

Reaction score
As for Certified Like-New Replacements, I've only ever seen 2 or 3 come to the customer in a non-working condition (although I agree this is still too many).

Source: I've worked for Flextronics (all technicians in corporate Verizon stores), Verizon Wireless as a customer service rep, and Wireless World, an authorized Verizon Wireless reseller, as a sales rep.

I went through 4 enV Touches before my D2 (great dumbphone when it worked, god awful when it didn't), and only one arrived with a problem. It was really infuriating too, because this certified like-new replacement was PERFECT (no scratches, no blemishes, no dings on the screen, no nada... gorgeous) except that the earpiece speaker didn't work. No sound came out. And of course, the new one they sent me had some visible scratches on the screen.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your Droid problems :(

pool_shark

Reaction score
1st phone - Just completely died ( not rooted all stock)

2- Screen went out ( stock)

3- Usb port went out ( with root & stock )

4 - random reboots and it would freeze a lot ( with root & stock )

5- Now my camera doesn't work ( rooted )

So i'm not to happy right now. But there is nothing i can do. Local verizon store just says i'm sorry this keeps happening but we will get you a "like new" one. I'm just sick up it. Do i get mad at verizon or motorola for this? But motorola will never see another dime from me or my family

I guess I can understand your frustration with Motorola devices then.
Good luck with whatever device you go after next.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a D1 and a D2. I've had a couple issues pop up but nothing that either a wipe or factory data reset couldn't fix.

Some of the OP's problems are defiantly device related. A couple of them though I'm not so sure.

zero7404

Reaction score
watever the case may be ... there are quality control issues with mobile phones with verizon in general. in my area (NJ) there are 2 classes of intelligence: surprisingly smart and surprisingly stupid. i've been at a local store (official verizon store) a few times for stuff and almost always saw ppl in another line that had a complaint or problem with a device, a few were really dumb (like they did not know how to get to the battery), but some seemed legitimate 'my phone doesn't want to work' ....

whether it's the resellers, official stores, or the mothership i don't know. i know other carrier's stores are typically more quiet in terms of complaints/problems with devices. not sure about at&t, but that's what i observed with tmob & sprint.

anyway, if i was in your shoes, i would have jumped off the train after the 3rd device and went with something different.

for me, i have small little issues here/there with my device the most annoying being random reboots. i'll gather all my feelings when my 2 yr is up and decide what to do then. maybe i'll just go back to a non-smartphone if things get worse ....