Motorola Never Again

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The important thing Is that you Are happy with whatever phone you have. There are plenty of options for android lovers.

Probably the best comment overall. It doesn't matter which manufacturer or phone you ultimately settle on, just that it's the one which gives you the best user experience. The OP had a disappointing experience and that's not to be denied. That experience was mirrored by others so it wasn't unique to him/her. This means it shouldn't be chocked up to "user error". Every phone will at times act a bit strangely...it's whether it can be quickly resolved or lingers and festers that dictates the users experience.

Sometimes when you are suffering, it can feel like you are on an island if you can't resolve the issue. We as a community are here for the common goal of getting the best possible user experience from our devices no matter whose they are. Some like me are mostly interested in helping others...some come for the help I and others provide. Both are completely acceptable.

I only wish that we could have assisted the op and others in similar situations to overcome those issues and truly enjoy their phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Suuperflie

Reaction score
welcome to Samsung.. the grass is greener on this side

You people have very short memories. Remember what Samsung did with the fascinate? They stopped supporting it just months after it released and it was one of the worst phones in recent memory. Then came the Charge, which wasn't much better. Samsung has always had very nice screens, but the rest of the phones are mostly crap. Now, I'm sure the S4 is nice and it seems they've put more effort into the last couple phones they've put out, but I'm not ready to give Samsung my money yet.

deduct

Reaction score
Agreed. Samsung has done much better recently. It seems like most of the phone companies are stepping up their game

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Samsung slam dunked it with N2.. And I'm sure plenty happy peeps with S4.... Fascinate is just but a dust in the wind.. Lol
Either way I agree with FoxKat it's all about the user experience.. If you have no luck with a certain phone it will leave that bad taste in your mouth..

N2 Tap'd

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Suuperflie brings up a good point, and I know there have been phones which suffered poor reputations from any number of manufacturers. Whether it's reason enough to completely boycott the manufacturer is another question and really is a decision left up to those who suffered through the issues. I think that everyone would love to be able to play Dr. Frankenstein and take parts from the best of all phones, and blend them into one. I would bet that for Radios (cellular, WIFI, Bluetooth), they would choose Motorola most often, and for screens the choice would most likely be Samsung. For build quality (case and MOBO components), it could be Motorola on top followed closely by either Samsung or HTC depending on which phone you use as your reference. For OS, most likely pure Vanilla Google Android (no bloat, overlay, Sense, whatever). For styling, possibly a tie between HTC, Samsung and Motorola.

I'm going to start a thread...

What say you? What would be your Frankenstein phone?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
my memories very good... I don't Iook at every little phone Samsung makes... the fascinate was far from a flagship at any point... and the charge was way out of their wheel house ... I only look at the galaxy line... s1-s4 and note 1-2 and with those phones they have fantastic track records and monster sales

if u wanna talk about killing updates or delaying them by months.. we'd be talking about Motorola... Samsung s2 came out like 6 months before the bionic and got updated months before and more frequently but it wasn't on Verizon... no matter how happy a bionic owner was with his device there is no way they were happy with how fast their flagship was replaced and delayed updates over and over... I did like the device a lot but I'm much happier now and I would've been then if I got the s2 instead of any motorola that year

I don't look at the Samsung nexus as that's another specialty device that isn't in their galaxy lineup(unless they keep producing those)

deduct

Reaction score
I definitely agree that bionic was shafted as far as release and updates. now it's just old faithful. Been around for almost 2 years and is a great phone for those that need a well built smartphone with dual core processor for a great price. As long as you can live with the sub par screen quality (compared to today's HD screens).its a great phone to fall back on should anything happen to my daily.

jcw122

Reaction score
Shafted? Cmon, the fact we were supported all the way to JB is pretty impressive IMO. If you has problems the first few months of ownership you should have had it fixed or replaced on warranty. Updates aren't intended to fix catastrophic and individualized malfunctions.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shafted? Cmon, the fact we were supported all the way to JB is pretty impressive IMO. If you has problems the first few months of ownership you should have had it fixed or replaced on warranty. Updates aren't intended to fix catastrophic and individualized malfunctions.

Amen brother, people automatically think if his/her phone malfunctions or breaks, then the phone series is bad, not the case. My bionic is still running strong

deduct

Reaction score
I realize we have been supported on bionic with updates up to jelly bean. And I am grateful of that. When I said shafted I was just referring to how I personally felt after waiting for the bionic after it was shown at ces 2011. Remember how they kept pushing it back each quarter? Although i am glad they did that. The targa is much better than the original bionic. And the fact that the RAZR came out so close to bionics release date. And it seemed like once they announced that bionic was going to get the next os, it would take at least a month until we saw the official update. That being said I still love my bionic. It is a good solid phone. I am pro bionic.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I realize we have been supported on bionic with updates up to jelly bean. And I am grateful of that. When I said shafted I was just referring to how I personally felt after waiting for the bionic after it was shown at ces 2011. Remember how they kept pushing it back each quarter? Although i am glad they did that. The targa is much better than the original bionic. And the fact that the RAZR came out so close to bionics release date. And it seemed like once they announced that bionic was going to get the next os, it would take at least a month until we saw the official update. That being said I still love my bionic. It is a good solid phone. I am pro bionic.

I would call myself pro bionic too... just anti Motorola.. the way they released the bionic and called it a flagship then shortly after a RAZR and calling that their flagship then shortly after that the RAZR maxx.. it was just a ridiculous mess in motorolas history that lost it some customers.. me being one.. there's plenty of bionic owners that look forward to the next Motorola.. I'm not one of them.. we got updates MONTHS AFTER phones that were released before ours or after ours... I'm not thankful that they keep putting out updates.. the phones only about 18 months old.. they should be putting out updates... for 24 months at the very minimum.. if samsungs and iPhones can get updates for 2+ years then Motorola should be able to as well

rant over lol... have a good weekend :)

Note Duece

sierra117

Reaction score
I had a bionic and went to a gs3. I like the gs3 quite a bit more. My bionic was never as snappy even with the blurry oced rom. It was very durable however. Multiple 6 foot drops without a crack.

I think I'm going to stick with Samsung though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Hung with my Bionic for a long time. Went with extended batteries, multimedia dock, car dock, the lapdock, etc. Somehow I interrupted device encryption and the phone no boot loops. Recovery mode = no good. VZ store = no help. Picked up the S4. Been fun y'all - slogging through myriad of soak tests and anxiously awaiting the build that 'fixes' things and 'makes it cool again' - but, I'll give the S4 a run for a while and see what happens. If anyone knows the steps to fix up a dead bionic (android is laying on his back with a red triangle exclamation coming out of his abdomen)- love to hear them.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a bionic and went to a gs3. I like the gs3 quite a bit more. My bionic was never as snappy even with the blurry oced rom. It was very durable however. Multiple 6 foot drops without a crack.

I think I'm going to stick with Samsung though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well ofcourse its not as snappy... Its old hardware compared to the s3 just as the s3 is old hardware compared to the s4. You can't compare the bionic and the s3 to each other like that. The bionic is prehistoric to the s3 but it was still an great phone, I have never had lag issues and quiet frankly I can stick with this phone for awhile.

deduct

Reaction score
Hung with my Bionic for a long time. Went with extended batteries, multimedia dock, car dock, the lapdock, etc. Somehow I interrupted device encryption and the phone no boot loops. Recovery mode = no good. VZ store = no help. Picked up the S4. Been fun y'all - slogging through myriad of soak tests and anxiously awaiting the build that 'fixes' things and 'makes it cool again' - but, I'll give the S4 a run for a while and see what happens. If anyone knows the steps to fix up a dead bionic (android is laying on his back with a red triangle exclamation coming out of his abdomen)- love to hear them.

Have you tried to flash fxz file with rsd lite on your computer? Were you on ICS or jelly bean when it crashed?