Network Switching Issue

pctdavis

Reaction score
I have had my Maxx HD for several days now. I have noticed it does not transition from wireless to 3G or 4G to 3G very well. For example, I was 15 miles from my house today and it said it was still connected to my wireless. I had to disable wireless to get it to connect to 3G. This type of stuff has been happening all the time, on different networks too. Anyone else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
pctdavis

pctdavis

Reaction score
Ttt...no one else? Looks like a trip to the store again:mad:

solar

Reaction score
I have issues on occasion where it won't switch to 4g when coming out of an area where only 3g is available. I have do enable airplane mode then disable it to force a proper acquisition of the network. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be noticeable.

jaseman

Reaction score
I have had my Maxx HD for several days now. I have noticed it does not transition from wireless to 3G or 4G to 3G very well. For example, I was 15 miles from my house today and it said it was still connected to my wireless. I had to disable wireless to get it to connect to 3G. This type of stuff has been happening all the time, on different networks too. Anyone else?

What setting are you using for the network? Go to "all settings," "more," "mobile networks," and then "network mode" and choose LTE/CDMA instead of the default "global" and see if that doesn't help.

OP
pctdavis

pctdavis

Reaction score
What setting are you using for the network? Go to "all settings," "more," "mobile networks," and then "network mode" and choose LTE/CDMA instead of the default "global" and see if that doesn't help.

That was my first thought as well. Didn't seem to make any difference. Its very sporadic outside of my home network. Sometimes it releases, the next time it won't.