Wi-Fi issues

VegasEgo

Reaction score
Im new to the forum, and this is my first post.

I have a Belkin B/G wireless Rotuer in my house. My laptop, xbox, computer and my wifes phone all work fine on wireless. My phone will not connect to my network for the life of me. It can find the network and connect, but no data will go through. The only time it works, is if im standing in front of the modem. I will be sitting next to my wife and her phone has full wireless signal and hers works. I have full wireless signal and it gives me an error and wont load a website. Does anyone know any fixes to this? Thank you in advance.

ETA- I had a droid 3 and droid before that all work on the network.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
When I first got my phone, it would not connect to my router unless I turned my router off and back on and hit "connect" on my phone right as the router turned back on. I had 5 other devices that connected perfectly fine with it. I called my provider, and I actually had to change my connection from WPA to WEP. Then it connected without problem. A little less secure, but I'm not eating up my data. Not saying this will work for you, but it worked fine for me. Good luck! I know it's frustrating.

OP
V

VegasEgo

Reaction score
When I first got my phone, it would not connect to my router unless I turned my router off and back on and hit "connect" on my phone right as the router turned back on. I had 5 other devices that connected perfectly fine with it. I called my provider, and I actually had to change my connection from WPA to WEP. Then it connected without problem. A little less secure, but I'm not eating up my data. Not saying this will work for you, but it worked fine for me. Good luck! I know it's frustrating.

I will have to try that... thanks

shad2100

Reaction score
Sounds to me like an IP conflict, in that your router is assigning the same internal network IP address to two different devices and then getting confused when they both try to connect.

Not real familiar with the Belkin stuff but maybe that might help get you pointed in the right direction...

PW_Irvine

Reaction score
You might try installing the app "WiFi Analyzer" to help you diagnose your problem. In any case, from your brief description it sounds to me that the problem is with your router configuration, not your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

snowman

Reaction score
are you configured with security on? if so you will have to enter the encription code I personally run no security it caused no problems that way
but I live out in nowhere land no neighbors
also for your router a big security hole has been found this is for everyone turn off WAN and UPNP most router come
configured with UPNP on this is a critical issue for security you could be hacked very easily by anyone from anywhere not just witin range of router
but yes as mentioned it sounds like a ip conflict