Network lost

TriciaH

Reaction score
This has been a problem at work the last couple days. I do have a smart action set to disable network data when the screen is off. Disable - not kill it forever!! Thought it odd today no texts or anything came in. Well I had zero signal. The bars were grayed out and there was the hateful red circle with the line thru it in its place. Rebooted and signal was back. Happened 3 more times during the afternoon. Problem is I never know when I lose it so missed calls are getting to be an issue here. I could have sworn there was a network lost notifier on the Maxx. Drilled down thru some of the menus but apparently I did not look in the correct ones! Does anyone know where this is? At least then I would know I lost the network signal and could reboot. Turning on airplane mode does nothing. Only a reboot brings back the network. I used to have the strongest signal in the office...now I am the only one with NO signal. This sucks. the rebooting is getting old. Very old. Never had to do this before JB.

aarong03

Reaction score
This has been a problem at work the last couple days. I do have a smart action set to disable network data when the screen is off. Disable - not kill it forever!! Thought it odd today no texts or anything came in. Well I had zero signal. The bars were grayed out and there was the hateful red circle with the line thru it in its place. Rebooted and signal was back. Happened 3 more times during the afternoon. Problem is I never know when I lose it so missed calls are getting to be an issue here. I could have sworn there was a network lost notifier on the Maxx. Drilled down thru some of the menus but apparently I did not look in the correct ones! Does anyone know where this is? At least then I would know I lost the network signal and could reboot. Turning on airplane mode does nothing. Only a reboot brings back the network. I used to have the strongest signal in the office...now I am the only one with NO signal. This sucks. the rebooting is getting old. Very old. Never had to do this before JB.
Main(home) Menu-data usage, you can turn on data there.

aarong03

Reaction score

Also double check that with your smart actions that you don't have it setup to kill data based on location.

OP
TriciaH

TriciaH

Reaction score
I do have it set to stop background data. But when I turn the screen on (trigger is screen going off) it always comes back. Today it didn't. Only a reboot would bring it back. I did find the notification tone that will tell me when the network is lost - under sounds. I don't have any background data restricted now...but signal has been a problem at work. Don't know what they did there but something has changed. At least with the notification I will know when the network is lost. Guess time will tell huh lol. This isn't just background data restricted...this is everything GONE with red circles and slashes thru them over the bars and where the 3/4G would be.