netflix on droid x and droid 2 gingerbread

Snow02

Reaction score
You have to root. Then flash the .591 and .595 zips.

thekavon

Reaction score
worked fine on DX running GB 4.5.573 but since .588 attempts to play but stops on navigation bar :-(

thekavon

Reaction score
updating the kernel allowed the app to resume last point of play, still no picture at this time. looks like i may have to make the jump to .595

SjLucky

Reaction score
Works awesome for me on Liberty GB 0.5 591 kernel. Started watching Blazing Saddles this morning but got interrupted with the work lan line (not my DX), So i paused it and when I got off the phone I turned the screen back on and it was back to first screen after you log in. Dont know if thats in the app or some other issue.

I installed the app from the link on XDA then bootstrapped installed the fix and away I went.

Many thanks to the mastermind\s behind this.

thekavon

Reaction score
Works awesome for me on Liberty GB 0.5 591 kernel. Started watching Blazing Saddles this morning but got interrupted with the work lan line (not my DX), So i paused it and when I got off the phone I turned the screen back on and it was back to first screen after you log in. Dont know if thats in the app or some other issue.

I installed the app from the link on XDA then bootstrapped installed the fix and away I went.

Did you install the Liberty v0.5 with the kernel included or the version with out and the kernel installed independently?

SjLucky

Reaction score

Did you install the Liberty v0.5 with the kernel included or the version with out and the kernel installed independently?

If I remember correctly I installed without the kernel then updated it after the fact. I don't remember their being the option for 0.5 with the kernel when I updated. I know there is one now but I believe at the time there wasn't or my toolbox didn't show it.

thekavon

Reaction score
ok thanks for the insight. i know i had tried with v0.4 and then the kernel and who knows what else haha. gonna try from sbf now. i want my liberation and netflix :)

thekavon

Reaction score
Phone Model:Droid X
Rom:Liberty
Version:0.5
Additional Mods:running GB 4.5.588 with a .591 kernel update

neither .apk is able to stream video nor sound.

Also have tried Liberty v0.4 no success there.

On a positive note...
It did work on GB 4.5.573 with no ROM
Additionally it worked with GB 4.5.595 with no ROM

However...
Did not appear to work with GB 4.5.588

Hope this helps someone out!

theMonseignuer

Reaction score
Netflix stopped working

tried to use Netflix from my Droid X this evening and I got this message:

"New version of application is found, you must upgrade to be able to use application."

When I click ok is says... "the requested item could not be found"

I'm running GB build 4.5.595. until tonight it's been working beautifully sine I installed it two weeks ago.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Search a thread titled "netflix stopped working" in d2 liberty forum and a guy posted the new apk to download and works gr8 used it today

Blame the figures not me!!!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
It should I would think what phone?

Blame the figures not me!!!