Netflix app

nacho220

Reaction score
Anyone know about a Netflix app in the future? I didn't mess around with the preloaded Blockbuster app on the Droid X yet, but from the commercial it looks like their subscription service available right there on your phone. I haven't found an official Netflix app of that nature yet. I'm pretty sure thats because there isn't one.....but I assume that is "there isn't one...yet." I'm not interested in switching to Blockbuster from Netflix just cause they have an app and Netflix doesn't. Anyone hearing anything out there?

Seapup

Reaction score
Netflix is definitely working on an Android streaming app, but no word on a release date yet.

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
Anyone know about a Netflix app in the future? I didn't mess around with the preloaded Blockbuster app on the Droid X yet, but from the commercial it looks like their subscription service available right there on your phone. I haven't found an official Netflix app of that nature yet. I'm pretty sure thats because there isn't one.....but I assume that is "there isn't one...yet." I'm not interested in switching to Blockbuster from Netflix just cause they have an app and Netflix doesn't. Anyone hearing anything out there?

As far as I know, there is no Netflix App. I wish there was.

Anyone know how to take some of the pre-installed apps off the phone that I will never use? Blockbuster being one of them...

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Not along ago, some of the tech blogs showed that Netflix was looking to hire Android coders. This was announced within the last month. So, 100% Netflix, is coming, possibly several months off though.

Mikey67Tang

Reaction score
Nothing for Netflix Streaming as of yet but Phone Flicks is an app that will let you search, add to queue, view queue, etc and is very helpful when you're out and think of something you might want to see haha. :)

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and replies. Yea, I got phoneflix, it does the trick for what it does thats for sure! I hope Netflix doesn't waste their time with an app if Verizon does in fact move to the tiered data plans. No one would use it!

Until then (the Netflix app of course, not the tiered data plans), I'll anxiously await!!!

tkimball00

Reaction score
Nothing for Netflix Streaming as of yet but Phone Flicks is an app that will let you search, add to queue, view queue, etc and is very helpful when you're out and think of something you might want to see haha. :)

QueueMan beta from the market I do like better than phone flicks

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I've just been using the Netflix website to manage my queue. Works fine. I also would love a Netflix app to actually stream content.

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
I heard from some folks that we may be seeing a full-fledged Netflix app for Android soon. So hopefully we'll be able to close this discussion a lot sooner than later!! :)