New netflix app working(1.2.2)??

murfeezlaw

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm sure this is being discussed somewhere but can't find anything on it yet. As I try to watch netflix I keep getting the message "New Version of application is found, do you want to update". If i click Cancel it goes back to Netflix and i can start to play a movie but it stops after a couple seconds and goes back to the same message.

I'm on rooted Droid X...Android 2.3.3. Will it work if i install or should I wait? It says in the description on the market that it supports Droid X now. Just wondering if anyone tried installing and if they had any luck.

TIA
Ted

Reaction score
I just download the netflix app this morning and tested it out. Was able to watch a movie with no issues. Not sure what that message is that you are getting. I am running the OTA gingerbread update that was pushed a few weeks back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm sure this is being discussed somewhere but can't find anything on it yet. As I try to watch netflix I keep getting the message "New Version of application is found, do you want to update". If i click Cancel it goes back to Netflix and i can start to play a movie but it stops after a couple seconds and goes back to the same message.

I'm on rooted Droid X...Android 2.3.3. Will it work if i install or should I wait? It says in the description on the market that it supports Droid X now. Just wondering if anyone tried installing and if they had any luck.

TIA
Ted

I'm guessing you have a leaked version currently installed? If so go into applications>manage applications and either under "downloaded" or "all" find the leaked version of the netflix app and uninstall it or the market version will not install. Once that is done download the version from the market and your problem will be solved, netflix will work again dancedroid

ksxj

Reaction score
I have the same issue and I don't have the leaked version. When I go to see "My Apps" in the market it doesn't even show netflix listed. And if I search for netflix I don't see it listed in the available apps to download either. I should also note that I am using an Sprint EVO....

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I have the same issue and I don't have the leaked version. When I go to see "My Apps" in the market it doesn't even show netflix listed. And if I search for netflix I don't see it listed in the available apps to download either. I should also note that I am using an Sprint EVO....

Some phones had the ability to run the Netflix app on froyo, I believe most of them were the HTC's, otherwise for the app to work and to be downloaded from the market I believe you have to be running Gingerbread. Are you?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ksxj

Reaction score
I am using Android Froyo that came with my phone...