Netflix For Android In Development!

SEGA

Reaction score
Netflix For Android Under Development

Large-Netflix-Logo.jpg

Popular movie rental service Netflix has confirmed the internal development of an official Netflix Android application, according to Electronista.

The company has reportedly hired several developers well-versed on the Android platform in order to produce the application. The company is also looking to bring aboard even more Android developers to build the app.

According to a Netflix employee, “The way Android is blowing up it would be stupid of us to ignore [the development of an application].
An unofficial Netflix player is available on the Android Market, though it is swarmed with complaints, from battery drainage to advertisements overdone.​

Last edited:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Awesome can't wait for instant streaming. What is the unofficial app?

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Very cool, might just make me rethink my decision to cancel my Netflix membership.

Although, with Blockbuster not being able to run on a stock Droid, what are the odds this will?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
have you tryed out the live tv app is runs really well i dont see why netflix wouldnt be able to make a app for the original droid

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are the chances that silverlight for android gets done before this? Theoretically, if we had silverlight we could just watch netflix via the browser.

ChugIt

Reaction score
I read a lil buzz about this a few months back. Netflix would be a great service to add to Android. With Netflix and a slingbox (with app) and a phone supporting a good HDMI output, you would be a walking "something to do" big time. I mean, the slingbox thing isn't needed, but I'm hyped about it for NFL Sunday ticket this year. If I have to use the bathroom I will never miss a moment ever again! I don't know how many times my wife was like "Ooooh you just missed an awesome play!".

Back to Netflix: Awesome addition to our phones, can't wait!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read a lil buzz about this a few months back. Netflix would be a great service to add to Android. With Netflix and a slingbox (with app) and a phone supporting a good HDMI output, you would be a walking "something to do" big time. I mean, the slingbox thing isn't needed, but I'm hyped about it for NFL Sunday ticket this year. If I have to use the bathroom I will never miss a moment ever again! I don't know how many times my wife was like "Ooooh you just missed an awesome play!".

On that note, someone in another thread on these forums said he had the slingbox app and he had set up his xbox (or some other console) with the netflix disc so he could watch netflix on his phone now.

OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
What are the chances that silverlight for android gets done before this? Theoretically, if we had silverlight we could just watch netflix via the browser.

Theoretically Yes, Netflix system requirements, No
Moto Droid anyway, thats why the app is key.

OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I read a lil buzz about this a few months back.

Yeah, I remember the announcement that came out about NetFlix hiring a position for an Android developer. So while I figured this was coming out, it's even better to get a confirmation from them now.

I just hope that it doesn't cause problems like switching from my xBox to PC to BluRay player does. each time I have to re-activate it. I hope they build in some sort of memory to remember the devices. If they are worried about multiple users using devices at the same time, why not only allow 1 to be active at a time?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
i have instant streaming nexflix lets you have i think 6 instant streaming devices activated at one time. i have had 2 computers activated and two xboxs activated and i never have to reactivate them. if u go into netlix on ur computer u should be able to manage ur instant devices