Needing a quick way to silence my Moto Droid

scott2449

Reaction score
True Silence

I wrote a free app to deal with this problem. Just install it and put the widget on your home screen. You can tap it to turn ALL sounds off on any android phone. Then tap it again to restore to your original settings. Simple and FREE! Let me know what you think or if you have any problems:

True Silence

chart

carlsjr

Reaction score
Why not just hold the vol down button for a couple seconds?

that does not work on my samsung vibrant.

i had a blackberry until last sat when i got my new droid. with blackberrys i could set it to vibrate 3 times then ring. it was nice because when i am on call i could hear it vibrate and was able to reach over and press ANY key to stop it before the sound kicked in and woke up my wife.

with the droid i have yet to figure that out. if there is a wigget that will modify my volume button into a silence button that would be so wonderful.

volando

Reaction score
If you hold the volume all the way down it goes to silent mode which can still vibrate, if you want true silence you can't turn it on easily with 2.2

Search "beautiful silence widget" - best one I know of to do this.

theforeman

Reaction score
its weird that these phones have issues doing what the free phones or phones 5 years ago were doing.

Panzerpanduh

Reaction score
I know for the droid x at last you can flip the phone over and it will silence the ringer...maybe try that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

carlsjr

Reaction score
If you hold the volume all the way down it goes to silent mode which can still vibrate, if you want true silence you can't turn it on easily with 2.2

Search "beautiful silence widget" - best one I know of to do this.

correct i am aware of that and use it in meeting. however what im talking about is different. when i am on call and i get a page in the middle of the night it would be absolutely fantastic if there was a way to immediately silence the phone if it goes off at 3am. with my blackberry i could push ANY button to do that. with the droid i have to unlock it, open the email and acknowledge the alert. by then my wife is up glaring at me...

:icon_eek::icon_evil: << her when woken at 3am due to me not killing my phone fast enough...