need to swith to sp recovery from clockwork mod

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i installed a rom using rom manager now wont boot past the droid eye i only have a backup with sp recovery how can i go back if i can only get into clockwork

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
re-flash sprecovery: Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

that says for stock 2.1, but the process will work in any situation to flash sprecovery to your phone

also, if you selected "backup current rom" when you installed through rom manager, you should be able to restore that through clockwork

EDIT: given that you've had sprecovery before, i probably told you stuff you already know...

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
re-flash sprecovery: Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

that says for stock 2.1, but the process will work in any situation to flash sprecovery to your phone

also, if you selected "backup current rom" when you installed through rom manager, you should be able to restore that through clockwork

EDIT: given that you've had sprecovery before, i probably told you stuff you already know...

i was just dumb for not making a backup cause installed the jrummy rom and it worked fine so decided i would use the goodies and uninstall a few apps and it wouldnt boot i just didnt expect that to happen

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
have rsdlite open and phone connected to pc and cannot install sbf file

says under status

failed flashing process. failed flashing process.unable to retrieve initialization values ini file. (0x7029); phone connected

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm - been through the checklist in that link? booted into bootloader (if so, what does it say?), sbf file NOT on your desktop, running rsd as admin, right usb drivers, using your factory droid usb cable (or one that handles data), battery not low... what else...

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
bootloader says

bootloader
2c.6c

batteryok
ok to program
transfer mode:
usb

everything else i have done

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
maybe someone can send me a clockwork mod backup rom and i can fix this the ones i found on my pc give me a md5 mismatch error

i was running jrummy .07

backup i tried was from the latest cyanogen

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you running win7 64bit - 64bit seems to be real buggy with rsd...

every thread i found talking about your "initialization" error ended up being fixed by using rsdlite 4.6 as opposed to another version (4.5.7 or whatever)... though, one person said they had to use a whole other computer entirely and did the exact same thing and it worked fine. I have seen occasionally somebody downloading the sbf file again and reinstalling rsd and the usb drivers and it working, but that obviously could get redundant.

if you can get another rom's update.zip onto your sdcard manually you might be able to go that route, otherwise you might want to ask to have this moved over into the hacking rescue squad section... sorry i can't think of much else :(

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
are you running win7 64bit - 64bit seems to be real buggy with rsd...

every thread i found talking about your "initialization" error ended up being fixed by using rsdlite 4.6 as opposed to another version (4.5.7 or whatever)... though, one person said they had to use a whole other computer entirely and did the exact same thing and it worked fine. I have seen occasionally somebody downloading the sbf file again and reinstalling rsd and the usb drivers and it working, but that obviously could get redundant.

if you can get another rom's update.zip onto your sdcard manually you might be able to go that route, otherwise you might want to ask to have this moved over into the hacking rescue squad section... sorry i can't think of much else :(

i have a micro sd converter so i can plug that into my pc and transfer files to my pc and vise versa

i do have win 64 bit so where can i find the new rsdlite i have 4.5.3

and i did post this in the rescue squad section

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
EDIT: MAKE SURE THE THIRD LINK IS MEDIAFIRE - I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED A LINK TO A 2.0.1 STOCK .SBF FILE THE FIRST TIME...

i bet the rsd 4.5.3 is the problem - here is the link for 4.6: RSDLite4.6.7z

make sure you fully uninstall 4.5.3 first and report back - i'll be curious!

and in case you need it, from the same post, link for motorola drivers for 64bit: http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Common/Drivers%20and%20Plug%20ins/USB_Drivers_64_bit_4.2.0.zip

as well as the link for the .sbf file from the same post: http://www.mediafire.com/?jgt1gjgx5gv

I only post those others b/c I've used those exact files and had zero problems flashing. I'm on Win7 32 bit though.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
thank you alot for the links ill post here again when i get this all done hope it works

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
posting again to make sure you get the mediafire download for the sprecover .sbf file in my previous post - the first time i posted i accidentally linked to the 2.0.1 stock .sbf file and you DON'T want to do that!

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
now when i hit start nothing happens

i did get the ese81sbf

wont even show my phone

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
crap man, i don't know at this point... sorry - keep playing with it though, rsd is finicky