need to SBF a Droid 1, but cant get anything to display on the screen

loki993

Reaction score
Ok I have a D1 and I cant seem to get it into the bootloader. What happens when you turn it on is you can see the backlight come on but nothing displays on the screen. The phone plays the droid sound and seems to be booting and working, I think they actually took a call on it even, just nothing displays on the screen. I cant seem to get the bootloader up either, but Im not sure Im hitting the right button combinations.

Is the phone done or can it be recovered? Its not a huge deal if it cant be, its just a spare phone, but if I could get it back it would be nice.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the digitizer is not working. You can replace it if you want to take the risk. You can pick up a spare phone for about $40-60 right now.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
It sounds like the digitizer is not working. You can replace it if you want to take the risk. You can pick up a spare phone for about $40-60 right now.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Its not a big deal. My stepsister got a new phone and its just going to go to the kid to play with. If it was an issue with software and jest needing a flash that thats not big deal, but we dont need to put any money into it. If its a hardware issue then Ill probably just give it back.