Cant start the flash process in RSD lite...

dontcare

Reaction score
I'm tryin to go from stock 2.1 to rooted froyo but i cant even get past the first step =/ I shut off my droid, open up RSD lite (with everything updated as far as I know..) as admin, did the up and power button thing to get in the bootloader, RSD found my phone said connected all that good stuff, but when I opened SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf it would NOT let me click start...its very annoying I've tried everything I can think of was up all last night trying to fix it...couldnt :( ive tried redownloading and everything like 10 times...still cant select the start button, its faded not like the other two buttons next to it...no info comes up...nothing.

any help would be much appreciated...im new here btw.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are installing Froyo you do not need to do sbf. You will use SPRecovery to do a backup of your current OS. Then you will use SPRecovery to so a wipe of both cache and data. Then you will mount your Droid and place the unzipped froyo folder with just 3 items in one folder, rename the filer whatever you like then use SPRecovery and restore That folder. When you are done reboot and your droid will be rooted with 2.2.

OP
D

dontcare

Reaction score
But to get sb recov on there dont you need to do SOMETHING with an sbf...theres literally nothing I've ever seen with any of the new updates past 2.0 that you CANT use an sbf to get a rooted upgrade...like 2.2.

Doesn't OTA 2.2 come out tomorrow anyway?

OP
D

dontcare

Reaction score
Seriously...no one has a solution? Want to go to 2.2 or even 2.1 ROOTED very badly...can't do that without this being fixed though...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Wolf Irotisha

Reaction score
Having Same Issue. Dowsnloaded 3-6 diffrent versions (diff sites) of the SPF Recover file ALL of them are greyed out start buttons . One wasnt but when i tried to start it it kept saying flash failed. Really want to re root unrooted because i had to take my phone in., PLZZZZZ help.

OP
D

dontcare

Reaction score
I finally fixed it...I just put the file in about 10 different folders around my computer cuz someone on another site told me to. Finally got one to work. It seems like the longer you have to dig to get it it will work. I put mine in my user folderin the hidden 'app data' or something and like 3 folders past that in some random place. Everything worked got 2.2 rooted now :)