need to restore back to .886 somehow (deleted system files)

• Thread starter Deleted member 189152
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189152

Hi all. I was a moron early on and deleted a bunch of the system files after rooting .901 instead of freezing them. I have no way of knowing how many or which ones but I think the only way to get them back is to restore back to .886.

All of the links I've found so far for 886 FXZ have been dead. Would really appreciate some help here as I have been out of the scene for a while and am not sure where to start.

Would a fastboost restore work or do I need full stock rom? I've done this stuff before but it's just been a while like I said.

My phone was stable on .901 but I did a factory reset thinking I would get back the system apps I deleted so that I could do OTA to .246.

System update isn't working either.

OP
D

Deleted member 189152

It doesn't matter that I am missing key system files? In the past I wasn't able to update to .902 because of these missing files.

Is an FXZ different in this way?

I gather I need to use RSDLite to flash an FXZ?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It doesn't matter that I am missing key system files? In the past I wasn't able to update to .902 because of these missing files.

Is an FXZ different in this way?

I gather I need to use RSDLite to flash an FXZ?

An FXZ is a flash of all the system files back to stock with RSDS lite. Does not matter if anything is missing or not.
All the instructions & links to what you need are below at the link in my signature.

Just make sure you back up anything you want to keep on the internal storage if you still can.

OP
D

Deleted member 189152

Thanks. I was worried I'd have to take more drastic measures.