Need to do a complete factory reset

epwn

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been having trouble with my razr lately and want to do a complete factory reset (all bloatware and system settings added back). How do i go about doing this? I've been having problems with text message notifications and the simple factory reset has not fixed it. All in all, I need to get my phone to what its like exactly when it came out of the box.

Hi,
I've been having trouble with my razr lately and want to do a complete factory reset (all bloatware and system settings added back). How do i go about doing this? I've been having problems with text message notifications and the simple factory reset has not fixed it. All in all, I need to get my phone to what its like exactly when it came out of the box.

Here's a one-stop shop. This Rootkit will revert your phone back to stock and also includes several other helpful utilities.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

I'll ask the dumb question: Are you rooted? If not:

Settings - Privacy - Factory data reset - Check Erase internal storage and check Erase SD card, if you want it exactly like it came out of the box.

I'll ask the dumb question: Are you rooted? If not:

Settings - Privacy - Factory data reset - Check Erase internal storage and check Erase SD card, if you want it exactly like it came out of the box.

No question is too dumb, i forgot to mention that i did root it. And to foxKat, i will try your method right away and post results. thanks for the replies.

No question is too dumb, i forgot to mention that i did root it. And to foxKat, i will try your method right away and post results. thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the mention, but I can't take credit for the Rootkit. That goes to Matt L Groff. It's a great collection of wonderful tools put into a very nice neat package that makes essentially all operations a one-click process. By doing so, it nearly eliminates all risk in doing the included processes.

Just for everyone's benefit...if you flash the Fastboot .173 from this rootkit, it WILL erase the internal storage, including the internal SD Card and all internal memory, so it is a complete factory reset and puts the phone back to an out-of-box state. If you need to keep ANYTHING on the phone before you flash, you MUST back it up to the SD-EXT (removable SD card) FIRST! I made the mistake of missing that note in his instructions, so you can benefit from my faux pas...

Good luck.

;)

Back