Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So you gonna let some of us members get some cases to test? I'll gladly post a review:)

Escobar

Reaction score
It needs to be something catchy that's gonna stick out. Otterbox makes great cases, but they got big in part because of their unique name. Maybe Cell Shell?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

r314bd

Reaction score
Pick some words that are related to what a case does like "protect", "protector", etc. and see what they translate into in Greek/Latin/Sanskrit. Can't go wrong with that.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pick some words that are related to what a case does like "protect", "protector", etc. and see what they translate into in Greek/Latin/Sanskrit. Can't go wrong with that.

Patronus = latin for protector

Harry Potter might not like you using that name though... ;)

Reaction score
What selection are you considering? I'm partial to the Gummy type personally but I know many like hard cases. Koolkase? Just an idea

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
lol @ some of the suggestions! :D

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since I'm an owner myself and done a ton of research I know what people will like.

I have two samples coming at the end of the week I may decide to go with.

As far as Diztronic and Cruzerlite - they make good cases but they certainly don't have the entire market locked up. I've spoken with both owners who are real nice guys. I ordered a Diztronic and gave it to my dad because I felt it was too matte for me. I also have the Cruzerlite and should have ordered glossy - but I'm not a fan of a big android on the phone - or really any design like that.

Most of my ideas are unique to them however so there shouldn't be much overlap. I want to sell inexpensive cases that are high quality. It costs me $50 just to ship samples from China but I won't order anything until I try it myself.

I am also designing some.

As far as names go what do you think of caseadea?

While I think companies like Diztronic have the TPU case market sewn-up, there is a serious lack of slip-cases, pouches, etc for the GNex. I think there is clear opportunity there.

In this specific business, I am not sure that name is all that critical. It could range from something abstract like a few letters (AXS) to something your Mom would suggest (Case-Mate). Doesn't really matter.

Listen to what users really need, design great cases, build it in the US (looking out for my homies :biggrin: ), offer it at a fair price, use every marketing channel available, take care of your customers, and you'll probably turn a profit.

Good luck with it!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
hmmm..how about Case'Nit (casing it)?

example:
person 1: I dropped and crack my screen.
person:2: You weren't Case'Nit? Im Case'Nit on every phone. :biggrin:

-----------
U Case'Nit, bro?

just a few example. DancingNexus

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Build the case first, then the name will come. The best products almost always gain their name from their function and performance.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
that sounds like quesadilla :biggrin: unless thats what you were going for. a crispy shell to protect the gooey cheese?

Well since everyone knows the deliciousness of the quesadilla, it will be an easy name to remembet - caseadea.

Right now that's my leading choice. I have one other I'm kicking around unless you guys can come up with something.