Need some help in the kitchen

arsonik

Reaction score
I desperately want to theme my device to a black and red theme. The blazing red eclipse theme was a little too vibrant for me. So I decided to take it upon myself to test the kitchen out. I'm using the Eclipse 1.0 rom and I followed the UOT website's directions as best I could.

First, I customized everything to my liking and then uploaded the framwork-res.apk from the Eclipse package. I flashed the "cooked" zip and received this error.

"Installing: SDCARD:UOT-11-10-05-05-1.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /sdcard/UOT-11-10-05-05-1.zip
(Status 0)
Installation Aborted"

I tried it without wiping, then again with wiping cache, and again with wiping everything. No luck.

So then I thought that because Eclipse was built from 2.3.4 Gingerbread, it might be necessary to upload the SystemUI.apk as well. Still the same message, just with a different cooked file.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

OP
A

arsonik

Reaction score
I actually figured out how to resolve the (Status 0) error. In the File Upload tab on the UOT site, change the scripting to Amend. The options they list are for HTC phones but the Amend is a little more universal.

The next problem I ran into is that I can't seem to change the power icons in the pull down screen. They remain blue when I adjusted everything to red. I uploaded the framework-res.apk and the SystemUI.apk. I know it can be done because someone did it with the BlazingRed Eclipse theme which was done through the kitchen. I even tried flashing the BlazingRed theme and then pushing it through the kitchen to change things a little more but it just made the power icons blue again.

Anyone know a fix for this?

motcher41

Reaction score
Sweet will try as soon as I sbf my phone from really bricking it...again lol. Trying to theme and well. It's an adventure. I guess some people have a knack for it lol

motcher41

Reaction score
I actually figured out how to resolve the (Status 0) error. In the File Upload tab on the UOT site, change the scripting to Amend. The options they list are for HTC phones but the Amend is a little more universal.

The next problem I ran into is that I can't seem to change the power icons in the pull down screen. They remain blue when I adjusted everything to red. I uploaded the framework-res.apk and the SystemUI.apk. I know it can be done because someone did it with the BlazingRed Eclipse theme which was done through the kitchen. I even tried flashing the BlazingRed theme and then pushing it through the kitchen to change things a little more but it just made the power icons blue again.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Amend fixed my issue. Thanks a lot :)