Need some help and advices for the Droid 2

Jyp

Reaction score
Hey guys! I bought the new Droid 2 and I got some question as I played it around.

1. Can you guys help me understand jailbreaking, ROM, and Rooting... or other necessary subjects that I should know about Droid?

2. If I should download ROM, rooting, customization or whatever else there is, can you guys give me some guide as well or some link?

3. Any necessary apps that I should download?

4. Is there any good ways to increase battery life? (It seems it barely goes thru a day but I'm fine with it...)

5. Any other information, tips, and advices would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

evilsock

Reaction score
U should not worry about rooting or roms yet, as the droid 2 has a locked bootloader and will be some time before someone roots it. As for battery the droid 2 has a battery saver in the settings. Hit menu, settings, battery saver. Tweek those settings to your liking. And for must have apps. Id say astro file manager, advanced task killer. (Or any task killer you like) the tapatalk app so u can browse forums, the tesla flashlight app is usefull, pandora or slacker for tunes. Picsay for photo editing. The list goes on my friend. If u need more just ask. Ill ramble about apps all day

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

littlerick

Reaction score
you dont need a task killer. i had one when i got my originial droid came out after using it i thought i needed it someone advised me to take it off for a few days and i started getting better battery results and ran much better. i've never had one on my x and never plan on it.

OP
J

Jyp

Reaction score
U should not worry about rooting or roms yet, as the droid 2 has a locked bootloader and will be some time before someone roots it. As for battery the droid 2 has a battery saver in the settings. Hit menu, settings, battery saver. Tweek those settings to your liking. And for must have apps. Id say astro file manager, advanced task killer. (Or any task killer you like) the tapatalk app so u can browse forums, the tesla flashlight app is usefull, pandora or slacker for tunes. Picsay for photo editing. The list goes on my friend. If u need more just ask. Ill ramble about apps all day

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

thanks for the advices ill get those app downloaded soon