Need some assistance please..

Reaction score
I just rooted my droid 2 through motorola one click root..my phone now has Superuser..i downloaded ROM manager..titanium backup..root explorer..bootstrap2 recovery..now when i click on bootload recovery all it says is OK..it doesnt say anything about Superuser granting rights..when i rooted my droid X..it didnt give me this problem..i guess i had beginners luck..please help..thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lizard

Reaction score
If your Droid 2 is running Gingerbread you will have to root using a different method that is used to root the Bionic. Search for Pete's Motorola root tools. I used v6(version 6). There are newer versions. You will need access to a 64bit computer. I could not get the 32bit version to work, though some people have. Download a Terminal Emulator app. Open it and type su. If you are rooted you will see #. I would do this first to see if you are rooted. If you were on Froyo or 2.3.2 I think one click method is supposed to work for rooting, just not rooting Gingerbread updated phones.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
If your Droid 2 is running Gingerbread you will have to root using a different method that is used to root the Bionic. Search for Pete's Motorola root tools. I used v6(version 6). There are newer versions. You will need access to a 64bit computer. I could not get the 32bit version to work, though some people have. Download a Terminal Emulator app. Open it and type su. If you are rooted you will see #. I would do this first to see if you are rooted. If you were on Froyo or 2.3.2 I think one click method is supposed to work for rooting, just not rooting Gingerbread updated phones.

It looks like the motorola one click root installed the superuser program and thats it..i downloaded the terminal emulator that you mentioned and it says access denied..so i know its not rooted..i seen a posting that said to root the droid 2..i would need to use the droid 3 one click method..but i will try to do it how you mentioned..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
It looks like the motorola one click root installed the superuser program and thats it..i downloaded the terminal emulator that you mentioned and it says access denied..so i know its not rooted..i seen a posting that said to root the droid 2..i would need to use the droid 3 one click method..but i will try to do it how you mentioned..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForus

Ok so i rooted the phone..and i tried to download a custom rom..i dont think thag was the right move..my phone is stuck at bootloader..a whole bunch of numbers..battery ok..now i held x while powering it on till i saw the ! ..and now it says android system recovery menu..android system recovery utility..and it gives me a few options but doesnt let me select anything..please help..as i ruined my girlfriends droid 2.. damnn

lizard

Reaction score
You tried downloading a rom and got stuck in bootloader? What rom? Did you flash it? Do you have Droid 2 bootstrapper installed? Did you mount system and data? Did you wipe? We need to know the sequence of events that got you where you are now. We've got to get you out of bootloader because your phone will not charge in bootloader, it will only discharge. Hope you started all this with a full battery, cause sometimes you need it.

lizard

Reaction score
Try turning your phone OFF. Then power back on. What happens?

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
You tried downloading a rom and got stuck in bootloader? What rom? Did you flash it? Do you have Droid 2 bootstrapper installed? Did you mount system and data? Did you wipe? We need to know the sequence of events that got you where you are now. We've got to get you out of bootloader because your phone will not charge in bootloader, it will only discharge. Hope you started all this with a full battery, cause sometimes you need it.

Yeah i tried to flash a custom rom from my sd card..i tried to install Vortex RC1..i have droid 2 bootstrapper installed..i wiped data..wipeed cache..wiped dalvik..it did its thing..it said it was installed..than a google logo popped up..and now its stuck on bootloader..battery was on about 30% when i did this..most likely is completely dead since you mentioned that it doesnt charge on bootloader..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Try turning your phone OFF. Then power back on. What happens?

Google logo and than goes straight to bootloader..i can get out of it by holding x whjke turning it on till i see the ! And than press the volume up and volume down at the same time and it takes me to Android system recovery..it gives me a few options..reboot system now..apply update from sd card..wipe data/factory reset..wipe cache partition..i can scroll up and down with the volume buttons but when i use the camera button to select one of those options it does nothing..

lizard

Reaction score
Try using the enter key on the slideout keyboard to select.

lizard

Reaction score
Your prolly gonna want to factory data reset.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Your prolly gonna want to factory data reset.

Im trying to figure out the most accurate and up to date way of doing of going about that..i need to sbf back ti stock right? And what would be the up to date stock version? And about this battery that is completely dead..what shoukd i do about that? Take it to a verizon store and see if they charge up the battery through another droid 2..do you think they would do that for me?...please lead me in the right direction..im getting frustrated..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am still doing research but I can not find a gb sbf for d2 it looks like you will have to sbf using 2.3 and manually update to gb throught the ota.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I am still doing research but I can not find a gb sbf for d2 it looks like you will have to sbf using 2.3 and manually update to gb throught the ota.

Im on 2.3.3..i believe its the latest version..i wanna just sbf back to stock..and than hopefully get the OTA update for the uo to date version...btw i already installed rsd lite into my laptop...i just need to download the right up to date sb file to go back to stock..and than i gotta figure out what do about charging this battery since i cant charge it from bootloader..my options are limited..

lizard

Reaction score
I sbf'd back to Froyo with an app called TBH.sbf, then took OTA, before rooting and flashing. That app worked flawlessly for me. No computer, no RSD Lite. Not sure if I got it from the market or somewhere else. I believe your battery is also usable on the original(OG)Droid. So if you know somebody with a D2 or OG Droid you can get your battery charged. Wipe data/factory reset should have been one of the options from the menu you described. Is the rom you tried to flash froyo or gingerbread based? Problem might be related to the wrong kernal. Just a guess, not familiar at all with the rom you are trying to put on, sorry I'm not more of a help.